Home Surveillance/Security Camera Experience?

Ron505

Who did you piss off?

Unless you're planning on spending big money, you're not going to get cameras that are will recognize faces at night. All you're going to be able to tell is what they are wearing and whether it's light or dark.

I used a cheap set of harbor freight cameras and a Chinese sd card dvr in my garage and it's clear enough to make out faces. All in about $100.

I use even cheaper free software off the internet and a batch of cheap usb cameras. The quality of the usb cameras has to be better to work pointed outside through windows, not so much inside. I get what I want, motion trigger and alert pics sent to phone. Not the best setup for clarity of images..

Who did you piss off?

Unless you're planning on spending big money, you're not going to get cameras that are will recognize faces at night. All you're going to be able to tell is what they are wearing and whether it's light or dark.

That's just it, nobody.  My wife and I get along with everyone.

I think I know who it was, and if so, they'll be back for more in a year or two.  Shit happens every couple of years.  But if cameras aren't going to help, then...I need another idea.  Even if I have good lighting outside I we won't be able to identify the person?

Ok, so if I want my cameras to be done close and personal, I'll need the capability to have a wireless camera or two.  Are there kits that are hardwired, but offer a wireless option to be added?  I can't find any.  It seems that they are either one or the other.  By the way, just a reminder that my highspeed internet cable was cut too, and it was probably first.

Edited by Ron505