music download sites - do they still exist?

redkow97

My friends and I throw an annual "Thankskegging" party every year, and making a playlist is always kidn of a chore.

when we started this whole deal, we were all in college, and had gigs of MP3's on our computers, so it was no big deal for us to compile a 6 hour playlist on winamp (remember winamp???)

The last couple of years, I've been trying to pre-make grooveshark playlists, but they don't have everything, and that relies on a good internet connection (which has never been a huge problem, but might be this year)

Typically that also ends with someone messing with the list to play something they want, and then it devolves into us making a pandora station, with the ads blaring every 20 minutes or whatever

As it stands, I'm leaning toward just using grooveshark again, but if there are still viable download sites out there where i can get a few hours worth of 80's music, I'd consider it.

paying for it all on iTunes would be cost-prohibitive, or I'd just do that. I mean, I'll go that route if I have to, but I'm already fronting a couple hundred bucks for kegs...

Not sure about online but there is some on the android market

This is what i do. I use MP3 Ringtone Maker App. on android then tranfer it to my computer or wherever. With that being said i rarely download music and im sure there is a better way.

mp3caprice.com I'm sure they have 80's compilation cd's on there. I get all of my music from here, so far virus free and good quality downloads. It's not 100% free but very cheap compared to iTunes...like $1.00 a cd or something like that. I consider it a solid investment to keep all of the stupid viruses you find on torrent sites at bay. Basically you can just click and drag the music from your library to iTunes as well, so it is pretty user friendly. I have downloaded probably close to 100+ full cd's and never had an issue with this site.

Edited by drew95gt

filestube.com search for 1980s music or 1980s hits collection

skip 4shared and search rapidshare, mediafire, filefactory or uploaded

edit: most of these work:

filepost

fileserve

depositfiles

mediafire

filefactory

uploading

wupload

rapidshare

1hostclick

file4sharing

sharpfile

oron

filegag

filehost

uploaded.to

uploaded.net

migaload

backup search is searchshared.com, but it doesn't seem to respond to query right now.

I'll search a Russian server later and get back if there's anything interesting.

And I still use WinAmp...

Edited by ReconRat

youtube to mp3 extension for chrome. If you don't have chrome, there are a few websites that do it free. that is how i acquire 90% of my mp3s

A frien of mine suggested this, and I like it. Will likely go this route with some compilation CD's sprinkled in and pandora as a backup. Need to start training a new 80's station ASAP!