Wally world death match

Exarch

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a story from today that some dude stole another dude's parking spot and the last of the item that he came to buy, so he set the guys care on fire..... my details aren't good, and I have no confirmed report, so this might be all made up. :)

I heard a story from today that some dude stole another dude's parking spot and the last of the item that he came to buy, so he set the guys care on fire..... my details aren't good, and I have no confirmed report, so this might be all made up. :)

Maybe this? http://www.thenews-messenger.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/311220020/None-injured-night-car-fire-video-?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Although I don't think any foul play was involved in this one.

I think the store should be 100% responsible for any injuries or deaths associated with the frenzy they create.

They should have everyone outside the store text a keyword (announced in person outside the store) to a given phone number 15 minutes before opening time. Those people should then all be randomly assigned a position in line. Each person's position in line should be texted back to them. When they open the doors they allow people in one group of 10 at a time, on order they they show on their cellphone.

Or each person gets a phone call from a given number in order, and they only allow people in who show a recent missed call from that number.

Edited by Scruit

Kinda like inducing panic... but we are adults and should act that way. Nothing is worth what people do to each other. Especially after giving thanks for what they have.

Many are not thankful for what they have, many Americans want much more. :rolleyes:

True dat. Fucksticks choose to act like fucksticks, plain and simple.

So when you invite fucksticks over so they can riot over of $30 DVD player, you're not at all liable for that? You knew (or should have known) that you are creating a critical mass of fucksticks in a confined area. A fuckstick-o-rama, if you will.

You can't have a critical mass of fucksticks without willing fucksticks.

And how to you get willing fucksticks? You advertise to them, offer them cheap fuckstick cleaners and toys for the fucksticklets. They you pen them up outside the door so they know that they have to get there quickly or they get nothing. They you open the doors, in a scene that looks very much like a fat man sharting out a bad burrito, and all the fucksticks go to work.

Venue organizers are responsible for the safety of the crowds from known hazards. Fucksticks being fucksticks is a known safety hazard on black friday.

You can't have a critical mass of fucksticks without willing fucksticks.

And there will always be fucksticks, but they sure seem to be coming out in droves as of late. Maybe we should blame buffets for people getting fat, sue the breweries and distilleries for alcoholism and DUI's, blame the gun and ammo manufacturers for murders and suicides? We are becoming an "all about me" society, Black Friday would cease to exist "as it is now" if the demand were to slow down.

And yes Walmart is the worst of the offenders for attracting fucksticks.

Raises an interesting legal question: If you pick up an item in a supermarket and someone subsequently takes it from you before you check out, is it theft? The item is not yours until you pay for it...

I think it can be reasonably argued that if you had it in your cart/basket, that constitutes intent to buy that item. If someone else steals it from your cart, there's a material damage of you not being able to purchase that item, and something you can sue over.

Now, as far as the fucksticks go, I can see your point about inciting a "panic", however all you're doing (as the corporation) is having a sale. Your activities aren't illegal, there's nothing violent or nefarious going on, you're offering wares to people at "special" prices. If these people decide to completely come off the rails and riot, which under normal circumstances (like the other 364 days a year) does not happen, then how do you prove liability on the company side? They can put up reasonable safeguards like the wristband thing that BBY did, but if these people want to be crazy, they're going to be crazy.

Intent to buy means nothing. You could just as easily put the item back and not buy it. I know of no legal protection of the status of "intent to buy" (outside of a signed offer in a real estate type transaction...)

There doesn't have to be a crime to be a tort. Libel is not a crime.

There is enough of an established pattern that I think it's easy to prove that the stores knew, or should have known, that a risk exists. Now, it is such an infinitesimal risk that it likely unreasonable to demand expensive control or laws etc. However, in the purest legal sense; any person or company that does not take reasonable steps to mitigate a risk that they are aware of is negligent. The question is what is a reasonable way to address the risk?

Intent to buy means nothing. You could just as easily put the item back and not buy it. I know of no legal protection of the status of "intent to buy" (outside of a signed offer in a real estate type transaction...)

There doesn't have to be a crime to be a tort. Libel is not a crime.

There is enough of an established pattern that I think it's easy to prove that the stores knew, or should have known, that a risk exists. Now, it is such an infinitesimal risk that it likely unreasonable to demand expensive control or laws etc. However, in the purest legal sense; any person or company that does not take reasonable steps to mitigate a risk that they are aware of is negligent. The question is what is a reasonable way to address the risk?

2 years ag Walmart eliminated the stampede issue by letting people come in the store and wait in line for said item. That seems to be step in the right direction. As far as personal risk goes the only way to get rid of that is by making all the sales online only, but I doubt that would ever happen. Sure people could hack, but that won't cause physical harm.

So when you invite fucksticks over so they can riot over of $30 DVD player, you're not at all liable for that? You knew (or should have known) that you are creating a critical mass of fucksticks in a confined area. A fuckstick-o-rama, if you will.

How is a store responsible for idiots being idiots? You and you alone are responsible for the choices you make - period.