Ticket = Ins. increase

Tonik

$300 a year does seem a bit steep for your first ticket in 10 years. What insurance company are you with? Some are more forgiving than others. Geico never raised my rates, but they flat out dropped me after one turning right on red violation and 1 speeding ticket that was dropped to 54 in a 50 during the same year. Lame...

We are with Nationwide, for now anyway. Shopping has begun.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Only two, nothing fancy. Wife is 100 percent clean. Although we do carry pretty high coverage for everything. Details gang, what are you paying..what kind of coverage.

$1200 annual for 300k/500k/300k w/comp+coll ($500 ded) on an 07 Impala and 09 Legacy through USAA. We also have renters and bikes insured through them and clean records.

2011 F150 and 2007 FZ6 with $250 deductibles, 5k medical, 300/150/150, rental, and roadside for $130 a month or $1560 a year with Geico for truck and progressive for bike. I am 23 with a clean record

Just went shopping today. Allstate to State Farm.

$120/month with :

99 Dakota liability only. $250/deductable

08 Mean streak full coverage $250/deductable

$45k in renters insurance $250/deductable

To $84/month for full coverage on everything, even bumped up coverage on bike.

Screw USAA. Once you're out, they don't give two shits about you.

Good thing I have the next 8-9 years of my life signed away :eek:

But they've been good to us so far and I'm barely even in (Inactive Reserves), they were willing to treat us like active reservists as far as services and great rates.

Edited by smashweights

Just a follow up. Pretty much done shopping. Our total insurance bill would have been 2,800 for the year. That is two cars, house, bike and a 1 mil liability umbrella.

It is now 2000. Thanks for all the input gang, much appreciated.

Talking insurance........

We have been with State Farm for 20 or so years. Never have had a homeowners claim.....until we moved to Ohio. In '08 we had a claim due to some hurricane blowing through Ohio which took off the front of our roof covering. Then this past summer a couple of hail storms came through ending up with us needing a new roof (complete) and all new eavetrough as well as repairs to our deck. It also did some damage to my barn roof which I did not want to claim. Now after this 2nd claim, which was just over 4 yrs since the 1st claim, they are raising our deductable to $1k. Where we lived before an insurance company could not raise your rates for claims due to storm damage. I guess they can here, and that's bs. So we are going to shop around......