Craftsman 3 Gallon Horizontal Air Compressor with Accessory Kit $79 ($60 off)

Casper

I've been thinking of picking up a compressor for awhile but don't know much about them...based on the reaction here this is a good one?

*EDIT* Hmmm...seems to be quite a lot of customers saying it has problems with leaks.

Edited by ScubaCinci

3 gallon isn't enough to run most air tools. Compressor won't keep up. I have a 25 gallon and it doesn't like air tools. Now its used for airing up tires.

Most tools run @ 90psi. Keep in mind how much air blows through them to determine your tank size.

Edited by Anden

3 gallon isn't enough to run most air tools. Compressor won't keep up. I have a 5 or 10 gallon and it doesn't like air tools. Now its used for airing up tires.

Sounds like something is up with your air compressor amigo. A 3gal will run airtools all day long. It's what it's designed to do. I have a 3gal Craftsman pancake that runs impact wrenches as long as I need it to.

you can run many air tools with a 3 gal... impacts should be no problem, along with nailers and staplers...

sanders might not like it if you're covering a large area running continuous, and forget about painting unless you're doing something small.

I agree with the former Ninja. I can only run an impact to pull wheels and I have to let it air up between. Mine is an 8 gallon pumping 3.7@90. I need bigger but don't have room.

But, for the average guy who isn't a garage rat, these are fine.

Seriously that is good for filling up tires and maybe a couple shots with a nail gun or a staple gun before it starts running again. Most impact wrenches need 90 psi and >5 SCFM to run properly. This one has 3.7 SCFM @ 40 PSI and 2.4 SCFM at 90 PSI. Not enough to run many air tools at all.

I would also watch out with this compressor I have fixed two that the gasket on the compressor disintegrated. Easy fix ,but still both had very little use.

If anyone wants to get into air tools I strongly suggest getting something with a 60 gallon or bigger tank and I higher SCFM @90 rating. They are great to have in the garage and I really don't know what I would do without one.

Got mine home last night, unpacked, and fired up. Works like a champ, but I've no airtools to worry about - just plan to use it now and then when needed. I will say that the little kit that comes with it is basically junk - if anyone buys this thing, make sure you spend money on a decent air line and chucks