A possible AWB List.....

fazer1sniper

My point is, given the recent run on the gun supply chain that, if I'm reading MT's posts correctly will take months to return to normal, it's entirely possible and predictable to buy something in, say, a year and then sell in 4 years to a tidy profit, as long as the gun is kept in good shape obviously with minimal to no effort on my part other than the capital being tied up in a hunk of metal in my closet.

It's not that easy. The guns that are the current must have guns for the panic buyers won't be the same ones in four years or whenever the cycle repeats. The manufacturers and gun dealers make sure of that. ;)

Even something as basic as an AR-15 that was considered a top notch model five years ago won't be worth more than you paid for it since everyone comes out with new latest and greatest models all the time.

It's not that easy. The guns that are the current must have guns for the panic buyers won't be the same ones in four years or whenever the cycle repeats. The manufacturers and gun dealers make sure of that. ;)

Even something as basic as an AR-15 that was considered a top notch model five years ago won't be worth more than you paid for it since everyone comes out with new latest and greatest models all the time.

AR-15's strike me as commodity items, the lowest of the low as far as a value proposition. People horse-trade AR parts all day long. In my observation, the real money is in the more obscurer/rare stuff like the FS2000, KSG, precision sniper/hunting rifles, stuff like that.

However, if I knew of a legitimate scare coming down the pipe, like some legislator publicly sponsoring legislation that would kill the ar-15 market (and that legislation having legitimate traction, not just Feinstein spouting shit again), I very well might start to emptying bank accounts and get everything I could get my hands on to re-sell to the scared rubes.

Edited by Cheech