Bolt guns - any personal reviews?

Helmutt

Ok as long as you know the guy isn't giving you something that's going to blow up your gun or injure you.

No sir, all 50rds this rifle has seen have all been his reloads. I plan to compare some storebought once I get used to it a bit. We plan to reload our own once my pops moves back up here.

• Upvote 1

I'm no gun expert but have a Rem 700 in .223 with the stock 4x12 scope. I really need to upgrade the scope but can put down a groundhog at 300 yds with it. I've taken 3 deer with it on crop damage permits. It does the job and fairly cheap. I went .223 for cheap ammo and didnt want too much power. It is way to flat up in this corner and didn't like the idea of a round going too far. One thing I remember is the Rem and Savage in 223 had different barrel twists. Do some research. The right one will come.

I'm no gun expert but have a Rem 700 in .223 with the stock 4x12 scope. I really need to upgrade the scope but can put down a groundhog at 300 yds with it. I've taken 3 deer with it on crop damage permits. It does the job and fairly cheap. I went .223 for cheap ammo and didnt want too much power. It is way to flat up in this corner and didn't like the idea of a round going too far. One thing I remember is the Rem and Savage in 223 had different barrel twists. Do some research. The right one will come.

I've got an equipped Savage coming to me next week, but I am still researching and learning more since knowledge is power. Even if I stick with the Savage, I have interest and want to pursue more know how about distance shooting

Got it home, all looks in good order and it feels pretty good at the shoulder, comb fits well as is. Trigger pull seems a little stout ( feels maybe 8-10lb'ish? ) but I'll know more after getting some rounds through it whether a trigger job will be near future or not. Has a Tasco 6-24x50 and seems like a good enough optic to get me started, but I'm not scope saavy in the least so range work will tell me more.

picture.php?albumid=1312&pictureid=16878

picture.php?albumid=1312&pictureid=16879