How to gut and cook tree rat

Casper

if we're really being forward thinking, let's see a guide on how to gut and cook a person

cause, let's be honest here... when things go really bad, that's where we'll end up and we don't want to make it taste any worse than the bitter salt left over from the tears of abandoned humanity.

if we're really being forward thinking, let's see a guide on how to gut and cook a person

cause, let's be honest here... when things go really bad, that's where we'll end up and we don't want to make it taste any worse than the bitter salt left over from the tears of abandoned humanity.

Salt is a pretty good preservative. I'd prefer just that with a side of fava beans and a nice chianti.

• Upvote 1

There was a thread on ARFCOM questioning why we don't eat varmints and such. One of the guys killed and cooked some groundhog, raccoon, coyote, and I believe a bobcat or mt lion. Said that a few of them were actually quite good.

Edit: Found it.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_3/605624_Why_not_eat_Predators__DONE__Coyote_Pg_6__Bobcat_Pg10__Fox_Pg_13__Lizard_Pg_15_.html

Edited by ross

Don't think I would do the yote. And never seen a bobcat while hunting don't think there are many in ohio are there?

Two bobcat's have been spotted at my parent's farm in the last 3 years. One walked right under my neighbor as he was sitting in his tree stand.

There was a thread on ARFCOM questioning why we don't eat varmints and such. One of the guys killed and cooked some groundhog, raccoon, coyote, and I believe a bobcat or mt lion. Said that a few of them were actually quite good.

Edit: Found it.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_3/605624_Why_not_eat_Predators__DONE__Coyote_Pg_6__Bobcat_Pg10__Fox_Pg_13__Lizard_Pg_15_.html

Uhm.. mountainlion is not a varmit. FYI. they are supposed to have some of the best meat.

Ya I'd say that's not too many bob cats.. Never seen one. Have you seen a mink/weasel lately? I havnt seen one of those for 8 years. Found a black one frozen in my garage once and use to see them crossing hay fields but not since a 8 years ago.

Besides there is not even a season for bobcat in ohio. So would it even be legal to shoot one if you did actually see one?

Gump I live in the city have never seen a mink or weasel. All we have in the city is turkey, deer, yotes, and small game like squirrel, rabbits, skunk. I live close by a metro park that runs into a big valley with lots of horse farms so we have a few more critter coming up to our development.