Why trying to "get a knee down" on the street is a bad idea.

cOoTeR

link fixed....

beat out by TB57

Thanks guys.

From the looks of it his knee touches, just the tip, and it scares him so he pulls it up. Then he gets cocky and slams it back down and it drags more than he expected. It starts to drag him off the bike causing it to counter steer right and go hard left. Right to the bush.

It seems the whole reason for the camera pointed at his left leg was to show him getting his knee down. Lesson learned.

Maybe I looked at it wrong, but did he recover from what he may've perceived was the front tucking when he went down the second time -- then try to ride it out?

I agree the body position is out of whack, but I'm confused as to why he didn't bail when he crossed the centerline and was heading to the opposite ditch. Assuming proper gear, I would think the slide down the road would be less painful than random vegetation / elevation in the ditch? :dunno:

this thread could alternately be titled: "why trying to ride waaay faster than your ability is a bad idea"...

:plus1: Or why going to a track and learning how to ride properly (from coaches) is better than learning how to ride on the street.

Edited by alienpi

besides anything else his lines were shit and he was going to fast for those shit lines so its a recipe for disaster.. he was constantly decreasing the radius on his turns as he would run wide.. as he would "tighten" his line up he knee would finally hit he got all excited when it hit not paying attention to the roads curve and continued running wide. so he turned harder using the bars... from here its whatever.. but looks like he thought it tucked and he used his knee to attempt to push it up and the rest is history

I really don't understand trying to force you knee down. It doesn't mean you're fast.

But if your the type of person that takes the mirrors off your bike for street use it means your cool.