School me on HCAP

RSparky

http://jfs.ohio.gov/ohp/bhpp/hcap/

Hospital Care Assurance Program (HCAP)

The Hospital Care Assurance Program (HCAP) is Ohio's version of the federally required Disproportionate Share Hospital program. HCAP compensates hospitals who provide a disproportionate share of care to indigent patients (Medicaid consumers, people below poverty, and people without health insurance).

http://jfs.ohio.gov/ohp/bhpp/hcap/hcap2009.stm
The FFY 2009 HCAP program distributes $563 million to providers. Of that amount, $213.7 million was collected in the form of assessments to providers (which are passed along to the rest of us via bills by our providers and our insurance companies), with the balance of the funds provided by the Federal Government (also passed along to us in taxes).
Your buddy is why Obamacare needed to be passed. My personal comments are in red. Tell your buddy he's welcome, and we hope he gets better.

Your friend can negotiate the balance. Example if he owes $500. And can pay with cash or cc he tell them he will pay $350. When they say no then tell them to set up a payment schedule. You will find they will make an offer or say ok.

I didn't want to go that far on here... some people's heads might explode.

It works great when you have 4 million industrious white people in a tiny European country, and sucks giant donkey balls when half your country is on the dole and a good portion of those are lazy, dimwitted fucktards.

I've lived in two countries with single-payer systems, and experienced the joy of their medical system.

You?