Email Just Received.

The Punisher

?ui=2&ik=989ff0eb00&view=att&th=13bb9dda668748db&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1

The massacre at Sandy Hook has resulted in an aggressive attempt by the gun prohibitionists to use this tragedy to further their goal to take away our right to own certain firearms.

ABC Channel 6 out of Columbus, Ohio will hold a town hall, which is expected to be picked up and broadcast by numerous stations across the United States, to bring together advocates from all sides to discuss what can or should not be done.

The town hall will be TONIGHT - Thursday, December 20th, from 7:00pm until 8:00pm at the Ohio State University Union. You can attend in person or watch the event online.

Ohioans For Concealed Carry General Legal Council Derek DeBrosse and Ken Hanson will represent the pro-gun rights side of the issue while Toby Hoover, Executive Director of the Ohio Coalistion Against Gun Violence and a representative of liberal Progress Ohio will appear on behalf of the anti-gun owner platform.

Regardless of what has been parroted by those talking heads on television who believe that banning a subset of the types of firearms available to citizens, many of them argue that they're not asking to ban "all guns." They fail to realize that all of the firearms used in the Sandy Hook massacre were lawfully owned in a state that has an existing Assault Weapons Ban.

Passing "do nothing" legislation isn't going to stop bad people from killing others. Those who have been salivating to take away your right to own firearms in one way or another are literally salivating over this tragedy, including CNN's Piers Morgan who admits he's gleeful that the tragedy happened:

Responsible gun owners are devastated over the loss of life while simultaneously realizing that no amount of gun control could have prevented this or future horrific massacres.

We highly encourage you to attend if you can fit this event into your schedule, watch it online, and share this story with your friends and colleagues via social media

OSUTownHall.png

I watched it I have to say, both sides made good points but the anti gun side kept coming back to the same thing of gun controls. The pro gun side pointed out many times with verifiable facts that the ARs are not the ones at fault and that the system needs to be looked at on the mental health issue. The public that was there overwhelming supported mental health issues but also supported greater accountability of the owners. VERY FEW come out and stated that guns should be banned or controlled.

As a gun proponent, I'm wiling to compromise for disallowing large magazine capacities even though I think it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference for people bent on mayhem. If it makes the anti-gun, tree huggers happy and feel safe and secure in their beds, I can live with it. We all know that if they banned cases and kegs and only allowed the sale of six packs, it would curb drinking :nono:

If time is of the essence in a situation like the Sandy Hook, to the point where armed security personnel should be kept onsite to address threats, then every extra second it take to put a new magazine in the gun is an advantage for the good guys. Plus, if you have to physically carry three extra magazines, that's additional carry items on your person that have to be accounted for .

So, it's not just "feel good".

As a gun proponent, I'm wiling to compromise for disallowing large magazine capacities even though I think it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference for people bent on mayhem. If it makes the anti-gun, tree huggers happy and feel safe and secure in their beds, I can live with it. We all know that if they banned cases and kegs and only allowed the sale of six packs, it would curb drinking :nono:

I too am willing to allow a smaller mag restriction. However what is going to happen is a couple of feel good laws like this that do nothing. Hell Feinsteins AW ban has over 900 exceptions written into it just by her and she is anti gun and it hasn't been amended yet.

This and every thing that both parties do is about re-election. Looking to DC for a solution to anything is retarded.