Watches

bshultz0930

So im sure that there are some other people like me on here that are anal about their watch. im in the market again for one, my current watch i love to death but the band is starting to break. anybody suggest anything? i dont like HUGE watches and i dont like teeny tiny ones either..

trying to stick with one watch, im an auto technician so its going to get beat up, but one thing i like about my watch know is its easy access under the sleeve when riding to check the time.. i was considering getting a gps watch, but i dont know i want to spend that much..

My G-Shock is my everyday watch an the Bulova is my fancy time watch :cool:

I've only had the G-Shock for 5-6 months but I am hard on watches an it takes it like a champ. It's slim so easy to check under a sleeve. Mine is the solar powered one as well which is awesome.

49BB3790-96CF-4A35-83C5-1B4D13CD6BE2-1207-000000BF67839930.jpg

An fancy time watch

043B958F-9E3A-4812-A518-A3B8C8767B7D-1207-000000C046FB2F1A.jpg

I have a new G-Shock with the atomic/solar version which is a nice watch but a bit too small for my taste after wearing a Suunto mil-spec X-Lander for the past two years (broken band and they're a pain to replace).

buy a new band? or just send it in if you love it and get it repaired. i have a pair of flip flops i've had since high school that i've sacrificed other flip flops for to repair. now, i only wear it for special occasions cause the bottom is developing a sizable hole.

if you're set on a new watch, what's the budget? what type of movement do you like? complications?

Get a Nixon. I have a few and they are very durable, yet nice looking. All different sizes and prices. Www.nixonnow.com If you want something a little nicer, Rockwell watches are where it's at. A little bit pricier but still a by nice watch. Need something that you are going to beat up, go to wal-mart and stock up on the $10 watches

Citizen Eco Drive...Model:Calibre 8700, they come in a few different colors. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this watch!!!!! Its not huge like some but has a good weight to it. And you cant beat the quality, ive had mine for 5 years now and i beat the shit out of it and it still looks great. They look good for casual, sport or work attire. Retail is around $450 but i think i got mine for around $240. If you get any citizen watch, DO NOT try to size it your self take it to a jewler they will charge you around $10 ish

A01A_1_20120106_997439.jpg

couple links:

http://www.timepiece.com/citizen-bl8000-54l.html

http://www.jomashop.com/citizen-watch-bl8090-51e.html

http://www.jomashop.com/citizen-bl8000-54a.html

http://www.buy.com/prod/citizen-bl8090-51e-men-s-eco-drive-perpetual-calendar-alarm-watch/224322127.html?listingId=201115203

Edited by 2talltim

I have a new G-Shock with the atomic/solar version which is a nice watch but a bit too small for my taste after wearing a Suunto mil-spec X-Lander for the past two years (broken band and they're a pain to replace).

Daily use, I wear my Suunto Core!

i personally wouldn't pay $400+ for a quartz watch, but that's just me.

for a beater work watch do as others have said and get an el-cheapo from wherever.

*edit: measure where the band attaches to the watch ("between the lugs"), should be some even increment of mm (16-18-20-22), then purchase a replacement strap/bracelet. Maratac, Maratac Zulu, Nato G10 are all good brands. Depending upon the watch, a "Bond" strap might look good. Google it.

Edited by jblosser

I've had a Timex for two years for work - wear it daily. It needs a new band and will need a battery soon. Having both done in January. I have another one that I wear at home, a little nicer design.

If I had some money to spend ($1000+) I'd be the proud owner of a Tag Heuer Professional 1500 or 2000 series, granite face. I'm pretty picky about watches too - Tag's midsize case fits my dainty wrist pretty well.

I've had a Timex for two years for work - wear it daily. It needs a new band and will need a battery soon. Having both done in January. I have another one that I wear at home, a little nicer design.

If I had some money to spend ($1000+) I'd be the proud owner of a Tag Heuer Professional 1500 or 2000 series, granite face. I'm pretty picky about watches too - Tag's midsize case fits my dainty wrist pretty well.

If you like the granite face then you would love the meteorite face available on the rolex. Costly, but cool as hell