Fobus Holsters? and belt vs paddle

scottb

I am looking for a conceal carry holster for a Walther PPQ.

My current holster is a belt carry medium "universal" Uncle Mike's nylon style with thumb break.

Depending on which jeans I am wearing, due the belt loop location, the holster rides a closer to the front, almost at 2:45 position instead of 3 o'clock position.

I am considering getting this Fobus paddle holster with the Roto option to adjust the angle.

It appears that a paddle holster might be easier to remove if needed?

Thoughts on Paddle vs Belt?

The one below is $35

http://www.fobusholster.com/products/WALTHER_PPQ_ROTO_HOLSTER_BELT-8711-21.html

hk1rp-005.jpg

Fobus aren't all that good. I still have one as a back up but haven't used it in a long time. Get a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster. It has the trigger guard lock which is better than the Fobus friction retention. I don't remember the price but it really doesn't matter, it's a good holster.

I use the belt over the paddle for two reasons, it's secured better on me than the paddle and the paddle is actually uncomfortable for me to wear. But the holster comes with both so try them out for comfort. I wear mine every day for work.

Blackhawk lists the P99, not the PPQ. The P99 looks close in form factor to the PPQ. I listed the price for reference, definatly not going to shop for the cheapest, but for the best overall based on experience

I can call / email them to see if they have updated the lineup to include the PPQ.

Here is a youtube review of the Blackhawk Serpa holster, the features and how the release lever functions. Around the 8 minute mark, shows using silicone spray on the top rail part of the holster and the release lever to aid in quick draw.

I seen on a forums conflicting information regarding the PPQ fitting inside a Serpa holster for a P99. The difference is the ambidexious mag release on the trigger gaurd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5EMk3PLb3A

I ordered the Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster from OpticsPlanet, price of $32.49,and free shipping. Found a 5% discount code from SlickGuns.com.

Total price $30.87

I got my Serpa Level III and a bunch of my other duty gear from that site. Decent prices.

My understanding is many of those NDs were due to the index finger being bent and pushing the release with the tip of the finger. Then as the firearm comes out, the bent finger goes into the trigger guard. I've drawn for speed and under stress and not once has my finger been close to getting into the guard unless I want it to. The finger stays straight and flat, just like indexing on the pistol. Maybe my fingers are just long enough that it doesn't pose a problem?

And FWIW, M&P 40 no manual safety. Duty holster has thumb break to release hood from over the gun and the trigger lock. Secondary holster is the CQC, low cut front of holster for quicker draw, trigger lock only. Concealed carry is IWB leather holster, no retention.