Gun Free Zone = Soft Target - They will never learn

Scruit

Bank customers are not an enumerated class in the the hate crime laws.

I disagree that just because he went into a church that it was automatically a hate crime. You'd have to prove that the curch/christianity is the reason he chose those victims.

2927.12 Ethnic intimidation.

(A) No person shall violate section 2903.21, 2903.22, 2909.06, or 2909.07, or division (A)(3), (4), or (5) of section 2917.21 of the Revised Code by reason of the race, color, religion, or national origin of another person or group of persons.

(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of ethnic intimidation. Ethnic intimidation is an offense of the next higher degree than the offense the commission of which is a necessary element of ethnic intimidation.

Effective Date: 03-19-1987

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't he say in the video that he'll kill everyone in the church? He doesn't say anything about continuing a rampage outside. He singled out everyone in that church.....

Im just curious, do you sit and just read the laws, ordinance, etc. all day or are you like a lawyer or something? I mean I have a ton of free time at my job, but not enough to look up all this stuff all the time.

Just kind of wondering what is the driving force to be so interested in researching them.

I went to law school but chose IT instead.

Fuck asking permission. It's a "concealed" carry. Tired of all this pussy whipped bullshit.

This. The chance of anybody even finding out you're carrying (and caring enough to say anything) seems about as high as the place being attacked.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't he say in the video that he'll kill everyone in the church? He doesn't say anything about continuing a rampage outside. He singled out everyone in that church.....

His choice of victim could have been random, intentional, hate crime, soft target, proximity-based or any number of reasons. Unless the prosecutors can convice a jury that he chose those victims because of religious bias then they won't get a conviction.

This. The chance of anybody even finding out you're carrying (and caring enough to say anything) seems about as high as the place being attacked.

That's your choice. Just be aware that the law is strict and all it would take would be for you to print, have your shirt hang up on the IWB or other , or say; "Hey, Bob, wanna see the new Glock I just bought?" and you could have someone call the police, who could arrest and charge you with a felony 3.

The sentencing range is 9 months to 3 years with a optional gun specification of an additional year.

Sooo, you carry and no one knows, until there is a need to draw your weapon, then you have a problem.

The way we were taught once you fire your weapon, legal or not, the legal entanglement begins. If its a all legit its still a nightmare dealing with all the repercussions, and yes if you stop stuff from happening you are all good, but why carry in a place you know is an unlawful place to do so. The way I understand it not only do you lose your weapon, you lose your ccw forever, and will probably be doing some jail time.

Sooo, you carry and no one knows, until there is a need to draw your weapon, then you have a problem.

The way we were taught once you fire your weapon, legal or not, the legal entanglement begins. If its a all legit its still a nightmare dealing with all the repercussions, and yes if you stop stuff from happening you are all good, but why carry in a place you know is an unlawful place to do so. The way I understand it not only do you lose your weapon, you lose your ccw forever, and will probably be doing some jail time.

Many do and will take that chance, and the laws are for sure not always on the good citizens side. THIS IS WHY OHIO NEEDS THE STAND YOUR GROUND LAW, it would help the CHL even if you were carrying in a gun free zone and took down the imminent threat. Of course outside of you carrying in a school or a government building, then you are gonna be screwed either way. :rolleyes:

Makes no sense that carrying in church is legal "as long" as they give you permission, sure isnt the same in a school huh. :rolleyes: Just another stupid ass law that really wasn't thought out, and rarely is enforced concerning places of worship. But once again the argument of......that is why it is called conceal carry, out of sight and out of mind.

Actually, the Ohio Revised Code allows school boards to authorize individuals to carry firearms on school property as well...

(a) An officer, agent, or employee of this or any other state or the United States, or a law enforcement officer, who is authorized to carry deadly weapons or dangerous ordnance and is acting within the scope of the officer’s, agent’s, or employee’s duties, a security officer employed by a board of education or governing body of a school during the time that the security officer is on duty pursuant to that contract of employment, or any other person who has written authorization from the board of education or governing body of a school to convey deadly weapons or dangerous ordnance into a school safety zone or to possess a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance in a school safety zone and who conveys or possesses the deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance in accordance with that authorization;
So, churches and schools are treated pretty much the same under the law.

This falls under the "I'd rather be judged by 12 than be carried by 6" clause.

• Upvote 1

A gun is not your only choice for self defense, so if you must enter a cpz you can still be protected and legal.

Elbows/knives/brass knuckles/nunchucks/pepper spray won't be very effective against a gun or guns. ;)

Elbows/knives/brass knuckles/nunchucks/pepper spray won't be very effective against a gun or guns. ;)

Elbows are the most powerful weapon known to man. :D

If any one of those church members had a Taser C2 they could have ended that right there.

Elbows are the most powerful weapon known to man. :D

If any one of those church members had a Taser C2 they could have ended that right there.

If they were actually able to hit their target, if not they are history.

A gun is not your only choice for self defense, so if you must enter a cpz you can still be protected and legal.

Why are you saying stupid shit like this when all you have to do to cover your own pussy ass is ask for permission to carry in church?

You're all talk and a wanker wanna be know-it-all to boot.

If they were actually able to hit their target, if not they are history.

The taser can be used in drive-stun mode.

I believe people should be proficient with multiple weapons. Otherwise you wind up with Zimmerman Syndrome - when your only means of defense is a deadly weapon, even if the threat is not necessarily deadly.

Why are you saying stupid shit like this when all you have to do to cover your own pussy ass is ask for permission to carry in church?

You're all talk and a wanker wanna be know-it-all to boot.

I'm talking cpz's in general, not just churches. Good luck asking permission to carry in a school or daycare.

I love you too.

I'm talking cpz's in general, not just churches. Good luck asking permission to carry in a school or daycare.

I love you too.

Or you can become above it and not limited by the gun laws. ;)

But the more you know the more you are liable for. If you need to protect yourself with deadly force and you know lesser effective forms you will be asked why you used deadly force instead of the lesser forms of force you know of.

The taser can be used in drive-stun mode.

I believe people should be proficient with multiple weapons. Otherwise you wind up with Zimmerman Syndrome - when your only means of defense is a deadly weapon, even if the threat is not necessarily deadly.

How can Joe Q Public practice with a taser? Maybe a can of wasp/hornet spray in each pew makes the most sense, you can shoot that bastard in the eyes from 30 feet.