Active Shooter Response/Preparedness Seminar

Coyote

Updated for second offering due to good response

In light of recent events, we will be hosting a FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC Active Killer Response/Preparedness Seminar at Ohio Krav Maga in Gahanna, on Saturday 2/23/2013 @ 1-3:30pm. The class addresses what to do in the event of an active killer in the school, workplace, or other public setting, what an active killer is, what drives them, and what our response options are. Come prepared to move/participate.

1000 Morrison Rd Gahanna, OH 43230

(614) 861-6213

Anyone who is interested can sign-up for the updates/attendance list at http://www.ohiokravmaga.com/events.html , e-mail terri@ohiokravmaga.com directly, or pm me your name and e-mail.

Again, it's FREE to attend.

Lemme know if there are any questions or you need more info.

--Jeremy

Edited by Coyote
description update

Update:

wow!! The interest in our active killer seminar on 1/19 has been tremendous. In order to ensure quality training, we are capping attendance as of today and will be planning a second date very soon. Keep signing up on the list, and we'll let you know asap when the second date is!

http://ohiokravmaga.com/events.html

Reminder, for anyone who signed up--This is tomorrow (Sat. 1/19)...We will drill responses as time allows, so come dressed to move.

For anyone interested who didn't sign up, make the cut-off, or needs to miss this one (to go to the rally at the Statehouse!), there will be another (still free) next month. The date hasn't yet been worked out, but looking at 2/23/13. I'll update once it is known.

For anyone who is interested and missed the first one, tentatively it looks like the next FREE Active Killer Seminar will be 2/23/2013 at the Gahanna location.

I'll update the thread and initial post once the date and details are more concrete.

There was a decent turnout Saturday. Some time spent discussing what an active killer is, what they expect/want, what they do NOT expect, options/plans/mindset, etc. Broke up into smaller groups and worked on aggression, weapons of convenience, and handgun/long gun disarms. The last part of the afternoon was spent playing out scenarios as a group (classroom, mall foodcourt, etc...). We did run a bit over on time, trying to squeeze in as much as possible and with fielding questions...

If interested, please sign up via http://ohiokravmaga.com/events.html

It still says January 19, but the signup will get you on the list for the next one.

Once you enter your e-mail address, you should get a confirmation email/link to set/update your preferences...

If you follow that link, there are checkboxes for which e-mails/contact info you want. Check "Active Killer 2" and any others you might be interested in. You should then get a confirmation e-mail re. the seminar...

Definitely not the most direct nor concise way to do things, but I guess that system is more oriented toward the active member.

Edited by Coyote

Once you enter your e-mail address, you should get a confirmation email/link to set/update your preferences...

If you follow that link, there are checkboxes for which e-mails/contact info you want. Check "Active Killer 2" and any others you might be interested in. You should then get a confirmation e-mail re. the seminar...

Definitely not the most direct nor concise way to do things, but I guess that system is more oriented toward the active member.

I got a "thanks for joining the mailing list" email but nothing else. Down at the very bottom in the fine print there is a Preferences link, which takes me to a page that where can click on a link to get a "Profile Update" email sent to me.

The profile update looks like the original signup page of mailing lists, except that Active Shooter is on there now - wasn't when I first entered my email.

Hopefully this will help other figure it out. :)

Ohio Krav Maga

http://www.ohiokravmaga.com/instructors.html

I believe John Burton will be running it, with input from Matt Kissel I would expect.

Awesome, I took my CCW class with these two and they are great instructors. I highly suggest attending this class solely based on who is teaching it.

I'll try and make it out to the next one.

Awesome, I took my CCW class with these two and they are great instructors. I highly suggest attending this class solely based on who is teaching it.

I'll try and make it out to the next one.

Awesome..!

First post updated for official date/location: 2/23/2013 @ the OKM Gahanna gym.

• 2 weeks later...

If I am overstepping my bounds here, Casper, let me know and I'll edit this post...

If anyone here in the Columbus area has any interest in doing a Krav Maga intro class let me know via pm. There is normally a fee ($19), but I'll get it waived for an OR member.

Again, this is just for the intro class. The Active Killer Response Seminar is absolutely free.