Is it really getting this bad?

Kmanlyst

Seem's America has got that sensative stick shoved so far up it's ass that we complain about something like this. I played with G.I Joes, remote controlled tanks,hell a ton of die cast aircraft as a kid and not once did something like this ever come up. no wonder the greatest generation laughs at us.

Seem's America has got that sensative stick shoved so far up it's ass that we complain about something like this. I played with G.I Joes, remote controlled tanks,hell a ton of die cast aircraft as a kid and not once did something like this ever come up. no wonder the greatest generation laughs at us.
Oh sure it did. There were protests against GI Joe's all throughout the 70s, 80s, and 90s. However, unless the media covered it, you didn't hear about it. Just Google it. Lots of old stories put online. Today you have the internet, and anyone who wants to publish anything can and does.

I have a RC model Drone I use for FPV flight, wonder if they are going to put me on a terrorist watch list now.

You a member of the AMA? there was actually legislation going through (didn't pay much attention to it) about FPV flight.

Yeah I am an AMA member. I follow the guidelines for FVP model flight and only fly it at an AMA Feild like Torqs. Didn't see the legislation about FPV flight but it possibly has something to do with this and a few other incidents.

http://www.suasnews.com/2011/02/3674/fpv-flyer-faces-investigation/

Yeah I am an AMA member. I follow the guidelines for FVP model flight and only fly it at an AMA Feild like Torqs. Didn't see the legislation about FPV flight but it possibly has something to do with this and a few other incidents.

http://www.suasnews.com/2011/02/3674/fpv-flyer-faces-investigation/

Off topic, but I can't recall exactly what it was, know it was in the past year because I just rejoined after about a 7 year lapse. All the new electronics since I quit flying is pretty cool.

Picture taken for club website gallery. here are some specs on the bird.

Wingspan: 2500mm

Weight: 2500g~2700

Length:1080mm

Wing Area: 32.5 dm^2

Wing Loading: 76~83g/dm^2

Airfoil: Eppler 374 Modify

Radio: 6 Channel 6 Servos ( 4 for control surfaces 2 for pan and tilt of camera)

Motor Exceed Optima 400 Brushless Motor 2215-1050KV

ESC: Dynam 50A ESC(3A BEC)

Propeller: 2 Blade 11x6 ~ 12x8 3 Blade 9x6 ~11x6

Battery: LiPo 4S/4000mAh

80454297.jpg

The greatest generation laughs at you because you played with Ken.

J/K - I couldn't resist.

80454297.jpg

That could haul some deadly little explosives, you're just a 7ch away from adding bombay doors and dropping a burning bag of shit on the Whitehouse lawn:D

In all seriousness, its pretty pathetic how the public can react to a 'toy' when it portrays something warlike and disagrees with THEIR ideas of fun. With the internet allowing much more publicly expressed personal opinions, disapproval is far more apparent than prior generations. Just think how much worse the reaction would've been in the Vietnam era if they had the media freedom we have available today :nono: total BS, but a whole 'nuther topic of discussion

Nice! Had a P-40 with a .41 4stroke and a couple gas trainer planes in my teens, but Dad and I were more into nitro boats and electric buggies. He built a 42" powerboat I/O with a 32cc 2smoke, hell of a screamer but needed the water surface to be glass or it would just flip all day long on the least little chop