Jackson Performer PS2 Electric Guitar

BDBGoalie

I'm selling this guitar because I've got too many and this one doesn't get played. Gotta thin the herd.

It is a great guitar, and plays really well. The neck is nice and fast. I just fully cleaned, rewired, lubed (Including breaking down the Floyd and giving it an oil bath), and polished the entire guitar. The tremolo is level with the spring tension set just right. It includes the tremolo arm, but is missing the tremolo cavity cover. It is strung with Ernie Ball Power Slinkys (.11) and is tuned in Drop C with enough play in the fine tuners to get it back to D.

If you are unfamiliar on how to work with floating bridges I can help you re-tune it.

It has a few minor dings and scratches from its years of use.

Dinky body shape

Alder body

Rosewood fretboard

25.5" scale

24 frets

Floyd Rose double locking tremolo (Licensed JT580)

S-S-H (J135-J135-J70) pickup configuration

$300 OBO. Feel free to offer me whatever you think is fair. The worst I can say is no.

DSCN0212.JPG

DSCN0214.JPG

DSCN0216.JPG

DSCN0218.JPG

DSCN0220.JPG

DSCN0222.JPG

Most likely because the neck option was ordered that way and possibly mismatched by whoever placed the order, did you buy it used? If used, someone else may have bolted on the dual scale. A lot of the dinky's I've seen were typically shortscale necks at 22 fret, but options galore on most of these so dinky 24's aren't uncommon.

Seems like a nice 6'r but what year is it? By the looks of the neck joint and the pickup models, I'm guessing it to be at least 6-7 years old or more. Still well worth the price, and backplates can be bought for $15-$20 so I wouldn't let this go for less than $250. Case included? I know a guy looking for an electric, and I'd buy this if I needed another......let ya know if he's biting

Edit - you saying Dinky body had me thinking this was a Dinky. Performers are 90's guits arent they? Sorry for the flurry of questions, I'm an Ibanez guy and not as versed in Jackson

Edited by Hellmutt

Most likely because the neck option was ordered that way and possibly mismatched by whoever placed the order, did you buy it used? If used, someone else may have bolted on the dual scale. A lot of the dinky's I've seen were typically shortscale necks at 22 fret, but options galore on most of these so dinky 24's aren't uncommon.

Seems like a nice 6'r but what year is it? By the looks of the neck joint and the pickup models, I'm guessing it to be at least 6-7 years old or more. Still well worth the price, and backplates can be bought for $15-$20 so I wouldn't let this go for less than $250. Case included? I know a guy looking for an electric, and I'd buy this if I needed another......let ya know if he's biting

Edit - you saying Dinky body had me thinking this was a Dinky. Performers are 90's guits arent they? Sorry for the flurry of questions, I'm an Ibanez guy and not as versed in Jackson

All the current specs match the 1998 PS2s (Only 24 fret Performer other than the Reverse version of this), but I only checked one year. I think it's stock though.

Back plate is like $15 bucks. I reset the spring tension when I re-tune so I never bothered getting one.

Yes, it was bought used. I just fixed and cleaned it up.

Dinky body shape, Performer guitar. Nice fast neck reminds me of Dinky though.

I'll include a soft shell case for the right price. I'm out of extra hard shell cases.

Let me know if you have any more questions, I'll happily answer them.

You know of anyone selling a cheap amp? My kid just got a bass for Christmas, the package deal looked great but the 5w amp is kinda wimpy. LOL! He is just starting out but I would not mind picking up a little bit bigger amp. And I hope he learns more then just the two green day songs he plays over and over...

All the current specs match the 1998 PS2s (Only 24 fret Performer other than the Reverse version of this), but I only checked one year. I think it's stock though.

Back plate is like $15 bucks. I reset the spring tension when I re-tune so I never bothered getting one.

I'll include a soft shell case for the right price. I'm out of extra hard shell cases.

Spoke with him today, he's given up on getting one for now. For some reason he chose to gun shop NOW of all times :rolleyes: I'll keep asking around, there's quite a few players I know around here

You know of anyone selling a cheap amp? My kid just got a bass for Christmas, the package deal looked great but the 5w amp is kinda wimpy. LOL! He is just starting out but I would not mind picking up a little bit bigger amp. And I hope he learns more then just the two green day songs he plays over and over...

Depending on how big of a bass amp you want, but I'd keep it to a 12" or less since he's just starting out. Headphones for the small amp would help him get a better sound without loudly polluting your home :D

Solid state amps are cheaper, but dont give you as much bang for your buck. Tube amps are the way to go for richer, cleaner tone, and more volume from smaller wattage but you will pay quite a bit more. If he has a decent stereo/bookshelf system in his room, you can just buy him a pedal ( around $60-$70 pending the brand and features ) to preamp the signal right into an auxillary channel of the stereo. Really simple, and I used to do it as a teen learning to play guitar....sounded very rich through 3-way speakers.

If your dead set on a bigger better amp, North Holmsteads Guitar Center shows a cheap used 15w Sammick bass combo amp for $50 - but not much of an upgrade so you may as well get him into a 20-30 watt 8" or 10" speaker for his satisfaction. Craigslist may have some good, used deals locally to ya. Hit me up if you have any questions, I dont want to jack up Goalies thread too much

buy him headphones and an INPUT splitter from radio shack.

Then he can listen to CD's or MP3's through the headphones, AND plug the amp's headphone jack into the mix as well.

I used to play the same CD and same bass part over and over trying to learn the harder parts of songs, or memorize the progressions. I would have gladly used headphones, but I could only listen to one or the other.

Buy nice headphones thought. Look at headphone.com for some suggestions. IMO makes a difference. I bought a nicer pair of headphones when learning guitar and they helped.

Nice guitar and seems like a good price. Good luck with sale!

I had a USA custom Jackson Fusion I sold a couple years ago to buy something a bit more comfortable to beat up, I was scared to thrash it at live shows since it was semi valuable. This body style is just like the Fusion as well, pretty much all Jackson strat style guitars in the 90's used this same body style.

Did you add a couple springs to the trem? I dont remember ever seeing more than 3 on free floaters in my 20+ years of playing.....just wondering if it makes a big difference with re-planing the action after a gauge change on the strings to detune?

My Ibanez's have always had just 3 on their trems, and I've played RG's from the late 80's models to present.....but these are LowPro Edge version trems and not Floyd Roses or Floyd licensed copies.

I had a USA custom Jackson Fusion I sold a couple years ago to buy something a bit more comfortable to beat up, I was scared to thrash it at live shows since it was semi valuable. This body style is just like the Fusion as well, pretty much all Jackson strat style guitars in the 90's used this same body style.

Did you add a couple springs to the trem? I dont remember ever seeing more than 3 on free floaters in my 20+ years of playing.....just wondering if it makes a big difference with re-planing the action after a gauge change on the strings to detune?

My Ibanez's have always had just 3 on their trems, and I've played RG's from the late 80's models to present.....but these are LowPro Edge version trems and not Floyd Roses or Floyd licensed copies.

Yes, I added two springs to the trem (5 total). The additional pressure from the higher gauge strings (.11s tuned in Drop C) would require the claw to be cranked way down, making adjustment difficult. This keeps spring tension consistent and easy to adjust.

• 3 weeks later...