Cafe build

LJWalter

Hey remember back in the day when people used to talk & post about motorcycles on this site? Dont get me wrong, gun control debates are fun, just moving in a different direction for a moment. "Obama gona tak er guns"

Here we go;

I have wanted to do one for a while. Partnered up with a buddy and in October we picked up a 77 Honda CB750F Supersport. Decent condition & the price was right. Low budget build, goal is to stay below $2500 total spent. So far on track.

Shortly after we got it;

251464_10152048665860427_1474712927_n.jpg

More updates coming soon!

Edited by LJWalter

Going with Dyna coils/points & Accel wires. Carbs already had larger than stock main jets, so they just got a good cleaning. To increase air flow i went with some large k&n's. Had to raise the 2 in the center to insure no contact with the throttle cable.

DSCN0479.jpg

DSCN0477.jpg

DSCN0469.jpg

DSCN0484.jpg

Edited by LJWalter

Lookin good! I go to www.cyclexchange.net for all my cb750 stuff, they have EVERYTHING. Also airtech makes a lot of nice cowl/seat pan combos and a few bikini fairings IIRC. Love the see-thru points cover, how much was it? Pm me if you need any parts, I may have something laying around you might want and keep the pics coming!

I like that tail, is that the tail light integrated into it? Sexy.... You gonna go clip-ons, clubmans or upside-down stock bars?

I like the k&n filters, I went for the true race engine look and put some NOS polished aluminum velocity stacks on mine. Keeping that exhaust? Cycle x has some real nice setups in the $300 range. I'll definitely check out frankenbike. Did you go with the dyna-s inductive ignition or just replacement breaker points? It's hard to tell from the pic...