Forum Running Slow UPDATE

Casper

Ohio Riders has been incredibly slow lately. I know.

I've opened several support tickets with Godaddy. They keep saying its the sites fault not theirs. The database is too big. The scripts are too server intensive. 1mil hits per month is too much. Blah blah blah.

So, to correct the issue I'll be upgrading our hosting to a virtual dedicated server. This should DRASTICALLY improve page load times. I'll be doing this sometime this month. When I do, the site will be down for a few hours at least. I will give advanced notice of the outage so nobody's surprised about it.

Being on a virtual dedicated server is going to allow us to do a lot of things we weren't able to on the shared hosting plan. I'm excited.

So, any sponsors on here feel like renewing for the year a little early? :D

I wonder how many members actually realize there is a donate button on the side? Maybe that needs to be more emphasized when looking at the site; as in a banner or something flashing to catch attention.

Also, will this ruin the "Christina Aguilera" thread again or all other pictures? :(

I wonder how many members actually realize there is a donate button on the side? Maybe that needs to be more emphasized when looking at the site; as in a banner or something flashing to catch attention.

Also, will this ruin the "Christina Aguilera" thread again or all other pictures? :(

Absolutely not. The only thing everyone will notice is a half day or so down time, then the site being much faster when it comes back up.

We should be going live on the dedicated server tonight. I posted an announcement about it. I'll be bringing the forums down sometime this evening for the final database backup. Should be fully functional by morning for everyone.

Server is going down probably somewhere between 5p - 7p. It should be up shortly after. I've gone through the process three times now looking for bugs. Its worked flawlessly each time. Now it'll probably crap out on me.

The Domain Name System distributes the responsibility for assigning domain names and mapping them to IP networks by allowing an authoritative server for each domain to keep track of its own changes, avoiding the need for a central registrar to be continually consulted and updated.

;)