Slower Traffic Keep Right -- Enforcement???

JackFlash

Uh, his comments were essentially that you tend to ride over your head and speed as you ride with the group.

To the point they do not want to ride with you. I know Todd and know he wouldn't need to lie about something - especially in this thread.

Funny I never seem to have a problem finding people to ride with.

The people that don't want to ride with me, are the ones I don't want to ride with anyway, so no harm there.

And of course MT always tell the truth right? Where'd you hear that? On the internet? lol

Second, if you go off the road and now acknowledge doing so, then you have proven this to be correct. That's riding over your head, meatball.

Riding over your head is NOT having a wreck. MT claims I have wrecked. That is simply not true.

You show me ONE person on this forum that is not guilty of riding over their head, especially on a group ride.

It happens to everyone at some point. I have not wrecked. I have not been down. Those are the facts. :nono:

As for the State Trooper deal, sounds like you got let go and talked your way out of it. "It can be done" isn't a law, dingle. If it is a law, it is easy to look up and I have yet to find it. Enlighten us, please...

I've already explained in a couple previous posts that the information I am referring to was read by me in the Ohio BMV digest, a much older one than the current one, the information has obviously been amended and removed as I myself can not find it.

Edited by SWing'R

It's not legal to exceed the posted speed limit to make a pass. Granted' date=' some officers might let it slide, but the speed limit is the speed limit. If that weren't the case, one could argue they weren't speeding from Columbus to Fontana, but rather passing all the othe cars that were doing the speed limit.

What amazes me is there is a company in Columbus that pays you to drive their vehicle. :eek:[/quote']

Really long pass, lol. For the record, my driving record is spotless. In my professional career (1988-present)

I've been involved in three accidents, two were not my fault and the one I was faulted on happened during icy conditions,

had the road not been icy I would have been able to stop before tagging the car in front of me that stopped abruptly.

Edited by SWing'R

I got out of a ticket because I had to shit real bad. Is that a law??

Biggie

I've often wondered if that would work lol, you could always shit yourself

if it didn't and say "see, told you so" :D

The people that don't want to ride with me' date=' are the ones I don't want to ride with anyway, so no harm there.

And of course MT always tell the truth right? Where'd you hear that? On the internet? lol

Riding over your head is NOT having a wreck. MT claims I have wrecked. That is simply not true.

You show me ONE person on this forum that is not guilty of riding over their head, especially on a group ride.

It happens to everyone at some point. I have not wrecked. I have not been down. Those are the facts. [/quote']

Running off the road is wreck. Ticketable offense too.

And you're right, I do lie.

I lied to my kid about Santa and the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy. I lie to my boss when I want a raise or don't want to come to work. I lie to get laid. I lie on my taxes. I lie to patients in the back of the squad all the time telling them they'll be fine because I'm not a grief counselor and don't feel like telling them they'll be dead before morning.

I however don't need to lie about your hypocrisy or the fact you don't ride for shit.

With all due respect and shit.

The only actual text I can find regarding staying in the right lane except for passing, or slower traffic keeping right is in the Digest of Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws, the book that is studied by someone wanting to get their Ohio Driver's License.

I've searched the Ohio Revised Code regarding passing and left lane usage and came up empty except for this.

Digest of Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws (English version)

(Page 35)

Section 6 -- Traffic Laws

- Lanes

--Divided Highway

The text in the bubbles on the diagram would not copy, so I listed them in order, top to bottom. "DRIVE IN RIGHT LANE" is all I can find.

ROAD OF FOUR OR

MORE LANES

USE LANE

RIGHT OF

CENTER TO

PASS AND

MAKE LEFT

TURNS

NEVER

DRIVE

LEFT OF

CENTER

DRIVE IN

RIGHT

LANE

It seems the diagram would not post. Click: Digest of Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws (English version) to see it.

Perhaps Law Enforcement is lacking in a statute to make the left lane more "passing friendly."

Have a search: http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511

I do like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZhdvl_P1Zc

Edited by JackFlash

The people that don't want to ride with me' date=' are the ones I don't want to ride with anyway, so no harm there.

It happens to everyone at some point. I have not wrecked. I have not been down. Those are the facts. :nono:

I've already explained in a couple previous posts that the information I am referring to was read by me in the Ohio BMV digest, a much older one than the current one, the information has obviously been amended and removed as I myself can not find it.[/quote']

Dude, you can try and make it sound like you're no different than anyone on here. But, going OFF THE ROAD is not common and yes, it is typical of riding over your head. I don't ride with guys that do that with frequency. Does it happen? Yes. As for Todd telling the truth, he hasn't lied to me and I know him beyond the internet.

Spin it all you want, but you seem to be trying to make it sound like riding off the street is OK since it isn't a crash... Whatever...

Oh, and nice back peddle on the law deal.

Spin it all you want, but you seem to be trying to make it sound like riding off the street is OK since it isn't a crash...

Not saying that at all. Simply said... "I DIDN'T FUCKING WRECK" Is that clear enough that you can understand it?

Or should I spell it out for you... I-D-I-D-N-'-T F-U-C-K-I-N-G W-R-E-C-K - better? :nono:

Oh, and nice back peddle on the law deal.

Not a back peddle, it was years ago. Laws and regulations change.

Running off the road is wreck. Ticketable offense too.

And you're right, I do lie.

I lied to my kid about Santa and the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy. I lie to my boss when I want a raise or don't want to come to work. I lie to get laid. I lie on my taxes. I lie to patients in the back of the squad all the time telling them they'll be fine because I'm not a grief counselor and don't feel like telling them they'll be dead before morning.

I however don't need to lie about your hypocrisy or the fact you don't ride for shit.

With all due respect and shit.

<3

<3
But I digress' date=' I have him blocked for a reason, I simply don't care about anything he has to say.

So I won't bother to acknowledge his pointless childish rants even if seen via a quote. [/quote']

This time of year in Arizona is horrible. The main highway across the southern part of the state is I-10 near me its pretty much 2 lanes in each direction and divided by a grass median. The speed limit is 75 until you get close to towns. There are a lot of mountains that 10 goes over. About a month or so ago the snowbirds started showing up with their massive tour bus style RV's. Apparently a lot of them don't have the ability to drive them. They will drive in the left lane under 55 mph then stay there as they try to struggle to get it up the mountain hills. It can be a bit of a pucker factor coming over a hill at 85ish to find one of them doing 40 just on the other side. They run side by side blocking the road for miles. On windy days they will use half of each lane to stay on the roadway. Then the semi trucks have a hard time dealing with them because they know they need to keep their speed up going up some of the hills but the blue hairs driving the RV's don't get out of their way until they are going up the hill. So you end up with a truck trying to pass an RV going up hill at 30 mph on the interstate. Then when they clear the hill the RV driver goes 90 down the other side because he can't control the weight of his rig and ends up infront of everyone before the next hill.

Then there are the people who come over from Mexico that have no clue about driving in the United States and probably don't have insurance. It's a blast to deal with.

Hmmm, looking at residency in Texas and have been wondering about how this goes on there.

You're probably one of the first people to bitch about getting a speeding ticket too. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

It's kind of funny that you want Law Enforcement to HELP you speed? Kinda have a double standard there don't ya buddy?

Its not your place to regulate anyone elses speed on the road.

Unless of course you are a LEO.

Not going to read all 3 pages of this so here's my 2 cents.

I set my cruise at 5-7 over everywhere I go, except 25 or less zones. If I am on the highway going 72 in the middle lane and have to pass someone and in the process I see that there is someone coming up on me in the fast lane I will speed up and get outta the way for that person. I get back in the middle and let off the gas and let the cruise kick back in.

Its not your place to regulate anyone elses speed on the road.

Unless of course you are a LEO.

Hmmm, where did I say I regulate anyone else's speed? Now everybody is just making shit up :nono:

Not saying that at all. Simply said... "I DIDN'T FUCKING WRECK" Is that clear enough that you can understand it?

Or should I spell it out for you... I-D-I-D-N-'-T F-U-C-K-I-N-G W-R-E-C-K - better? :nono:

Not a back peddle' date=' it was years ago. Laws and regulations change.[/quote']

Dude, you fucking rode over your head and beyond your abilities which are probably below average to begin with. Same as a wreck in my book. Yes, people make errors and mistakes and crash. But, if it is from lack of ability and pushing too hard, that's the exact same thing. Especially on the street.

You ride like that and blow turns, go off road, etc - you are a danger to everyone around you and can cause a crash that can end someone's life if not your own. Until you understand that and think going off the road is part of riding, you're a fucking dipshit that shouldn't ride with others.

So, coming on here telling everyone how dangerous they are for speeding and we've learned you do it and have even weaseled your way out of a ticket and are a grass chaser on a bike, you have ZERO room to talk down to any of us.

Why don't you stop while ahead and just STFU? It would help all of us. However, it is great entertainment to watch people like yourself try and blend in with the people that are good riders and drivers. But, as always, inability shows it's shiny forehead fairly quickly and only a matter of time. If you ride outside your limits, a crash is going to happen. Consider yourself lucky. I know you consider yourself a badass, but lucky is more appropriate...

God I wish I had saved this thread for when I was miserable at work tomorrow, instead I just caught up and hope this continues to live through tomorrow.

I posted about this in off topic once about how OH drivers are by far the worst in the world. I am not saying the US, I've driven in about 7 other countries as well(I know guys like Shitty and some have more other countries than I do so they can expand on this), and Ohio drivers are the fucking worst.

I've passed people on the birm, I've tailgated, I've also got the hell out of the left or even middle lane as fast as possible so someone else could pass me. It's what you do, it's an enforceable offense in OH but the stateys never do.

Like I said in my last thread I was in NH driving to VT and saw about 4 people get pulled over by Stateys in NH. Every mile or so there was a sign like on the first post and people got pulled over for just that. They weren't speeding, shit I was, I didn't even get pulled over, just the asshats in the left lane.

Granted in OH it's daily and I normally want to plow into the back of 5-10 people on my commute to work, but never have. Oh and plow like in my car, not anal like at the track.

Carry on everyone, this thread delivers.

God I wish I had saved this thread for when I was miserable at work tomorrow, instead I just caught up and hope this continues to live through tomorrow.

I posted about this in off topic once about how OH drivers are by far the worst in the world. I am not saying the US, I've driven in about 7 other countries as well(I know guys like Shitty and some have more other countries than I do so they can expand on this), and Ohio drivers are the fucking worst.

I've passed people on the birm, I've tailgated, I've also got the hell out of the left or even middle lane as fast as possible so someone else could pass me. It's what you do, it's an enforceable offense in OH but the stateys never do.

Like I said in my last thread I was in NH driving to VT and saw about 4 people get pulled over by Stateys in NH. Every mile or so there was a sign like on the first post and people got pulled over for just that. They weren't speeding, shit I was, I didn't even get pulled over, just the asshats in the left lane.

Granted in OH it's daily and I normally want to plow into the back of 5-10 people on my commute to work, but never have. Oh and plow like in my car, not anal like at the track.

Carry on everyone, this thread delivers.

The fucked up part is even though Ohio sucks, Columbus is noticeably worse. Today some milf and I got to pass some left lane dickheads in our cayenne turbos. I really wanted to help that kid in the back seat get another little brother or sister.

Time to masterbate.

...So, coming on here telling everyone how dangerous they are for speeding and we've learned you do it and have even weaseled your way out of a ticket and are a grass chaser on a bike, you have ZERO room to talk down to any of us.

Why don't you stop while ahead and just STFU? It would help all of us. However, it is great entertainment to watch people like yourself try and blend in with the people that are good riders and drivers. But, as always, inability shows it's shiny forehead fairly quickly and only a matter of time. If you ride outside your limits, a crash is going to happen. Consider yourself lucky. I know you consider yourself a badass, but lucky is more appropriate...

Again with the making shit up. Heres a better idea, since you and MT need to make shit up to get your stupid points across you two can STFU.

I never fucking said anybody was fucking dangerous for speeding, speed all you fucking want I don't care. What I did say was if you can't get to

where you are going by doing the speed limit then you should have fucking left earlier.

And how do you figure I consider myself a badass? Dude I'm a 5'5' 195lbs 45yr old married man who's been riding about 5 years,

I'll be the first to admit I'm far from a badass. But at least I'm still taller than MT. ;)

So as for keeping this thread alive til tomorrow like the person above was hoping for, nope sorry. Done.

When every other person commenting is just making shit up as they go along, I'm done entertaining.

:bigfinger: Done.

Edited by SWing'R