Department of Homeland Security buys 7000 AR-15s?

Kent2406

http://www.naturalnews.com/038844_DHS_assault_weapons_documents.html

(NaturalNews) In yet another huge blow to the rhetoric and narrative of the Obama administration and its desire to disarm the American public' date=' a DHS bid has been uncovered (see documents below) showing that the Department of Homeland Security recently put out an offer to purchase [b']7,000 full-auto "assault weapons" to be used domestically, inside the USA.

Keep in mind that President Obama is on the record saying, "AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals; that they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities."

But it seems he really means they don't belong on the streets of our cities unless they are in the hands of homeland security enforcers, in which case they can be FULL-AUTO assault weapons.

The DHS bid for 7,000 full-auto assault weapons is found by clicking here. The original credit for discovering this goes, to my best knowledge, to Awr Hawkins at Breitbart.com.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038844_DHS_assault_weapons_documents.html#ixzz2JHgQIZDd

Edited by Kent2406

uncovered? anyone can go to fedbizopps.gov and see EVERYTHING that every agency in the government buys (not just defense). you think 7000 M16's is worth talking about? how about M2 (50cal), M240's, MK19 (grenade launcher), M249 (SAW and otherwise), and that's just small arms. they buy lots and LOTS of heavy duty shit. 7000 M16's or AR-15's is nothing.

stop freaking out. our defense budget for this year is over 500 BILLION. think of all the toys we can buy.

uncovered? anyone can go to fedbizopps.gov and see EVERYTHING that every agency in the government buys (not just defense). you think 7000 M16's is worth talking about? how about M2 (50cal), M240's, MK19 (grenade launcher), M249 (SAW and otherwise), and that's just small arms. they buy lots and LOTS of heavy duty shit. 7000 M16's or AR-15's is nothing.

stop freaking out. our defense budget for this year is over 500 BILLION. think of all the toys we can buy.

What I see here is the same administration calling these guns "assault weapons" while trying to scare the public into hating them, then calls them "personal defense weapons" when they're purchasing them. They said these weapons serve no self-defense purpose when we own them, but then purchase them for personal defense. Someone has to see the hypocrisy in this.

What I see here is the same administration calling these guns "assault weapons" while trying to scare the public into hating them, then calls them "personal defense weapons" when they're purchasing them. They said these weapons serve no self-defense purpose when we own them, but then purchase them for personal defense. Someone has to see the hypocrisy in this.

there is obvious hypocrisy there, in terms of rhetoric. though DHS doesn't serve at the behest of the President, they have their own director and command structure and everything. i'm trying to point out that

1. there is nothing to "uncover", it's all very publicly available

2. a few thousand guns, compared to tens or hundreds of thousands of much more fun ordnance being bought as part of the defense budget every year... sure, it's a big dollar contract, one I'd love to have, but ultimately, nothing worth frothing at the mouth over. now, i'd REALLY be mad if they were buying them at a much MUCH lower cost (like, less than a grand per rifle) to give them out to the various politicians or DHS related workers.

3. the "article" smacks of conspiracy theory fear mongering, like "OMG, DHS bought millions of rounds of ammo, they must be arming up to kill us and take arr gunzzz". I'm sick of it, these hacks use the lack of knowledge that the majority of the public has with the sheer amount of STUFF that the federal government buys to sell clicks to their website to read absolute garbage. it's sad and disgusting, just as piers morgan is pitifully stupid and inept.

now, if the federal gov started building hundreds of huge gulags, I'd start worrying. waiting for articles about FEMA camps in 3... 2... 1...

what i see here is the same administration calling these guns "assault weapons" while trying to scare the public into hating them, then calls them "personal defense weapons" when they're purchasing them. They said these weapons serve no self-defense purpose when we own them, but then purchase them for personal defense. Someone has to see the hypocrisy in this.

^^^^^this!