ordering from larue?

AWW$HEEET

even in the face of a likely 1 year wait, i am probably going to order a Larue PredatAR. before i checkout, is there any protocol on how the order is processed? do they charge my card, then i get the rifle after the long wait, or is it charged when its shipped? I would call, but people on their facebook page are complaining of 45 minute waits on the phone. and they suggest not calling on their website, due to the backlog.

from what i understand, they are focused on shipping a ton of lowers for complete rifles to the people ordering, then building the complete rifle at a later date.

Not certain for larue, but the custom shop I was looking to build me one wanted $1000 down, and balance when ready to ship. In the current madness, they upped it to $1500 up front, but their prices did not change a penny over last year. They also did not extend their wait time, as it has always been 6-8 months. I'm not ordering now though. I figure there will be so many of them that were ordered in the last month that the buyers will have lost interest by the time they come available you'll be able to buy their place in line for a discount over the deposit amount.

Every place is different.. Email them and they will most likely respond quicker. Or suck it up and wait on the phone. Im also sure there are threads asking this very question on some of the firearms forums.

Good luck in your endeavor.

Guns are bad mmkay...