2013 MotoGP Testing @ Sepang

Hailwood

This the first time all the major players are all together on their respective rides for 2013, with some pretty interesting first results:

1 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team 2:01.157

2 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing 2:01.165

3 Marc Marquez Repsol Honda Team 2:01.201

4 Valentino Rossi Yamaha Factory Racing 2:01.584

5 Stefan Bradl LCR Honda MotoGP 2:01.789

6 Cal Crutchlow Yamaha Tech 3 2:01.881

7 Alvaro Bautista Honda Gresini 2:01.981

8 Katasayuki Nakasuga Yamaha Factory Racing 2:02.968

9 Kosuke Akiyoshi Honda Test Team 2:03.336

10 Nicky Hayden Marlboro Ducati Team 2:03.336

11 Wataru Yoshikawa Yamaha Factory Racing 2:03.456

12 Bradley Smith Yamaha Tech 3 2:03.460

13 Andrea Dovizioso Marlboro Ducati Team 2:03.525

14 Aleix Espargaro Aspar Team MotoGP 2:03.782

15 Randy De Puniet Aspar Team MotoGP 2:04.283

16 Andrea Iannone Pramac 2:04.500

17 Ben Spies Ignite Pramac 2:05.086

18 Takumi Takakashi Honda Test Team 2:05.154

19 Hector Barbera Avinta 2:05.469

20 Yonny Hernandez PBM 2:05.656

As a Rossi fan, I'm really happy to see that he's back up near the front. Ultimately I don't know that he can beat Pedrosa/Lorenzo, but I hope he'll at least be able to give it a good try. Also, it looks like Marquez is the real deal - kid has been fast since day 1, and this is only his 3rd time on a real MotoGP bike.

Also, it looks like Ducati is going to be slow out of the gate again this year :( Hopefully they can find a way to make Nicky/Spies competitive as the season progresses. If there were ever a couple of guys that deserved some luck it's those two.

This season should be pretty entertaining.

what is this motorcycle related content doing here? this is a "guns, fuck ya" and "bash magley" forum.

but yes, i really hope ducati gets their shit together nicky has suffered for too long

• Upvote 1

Pumped to watch Iannone and Bradl this year. Along with Rossi going back to Yamhopper.

Marc is going to be amazing this year. Spies is wayyyy down there. Sucks Nicky is the top duc but still in 10th...

Superbikeplanet was reporting that Spies' shoulder wasn't doing very well, and that might have impacted his performance. There was some speculation that he might not finish the test, which for him must have meant excruciating pain.

Edited by Hailwood

what is this motorcycle related content doing here? this is a "guns, fuck ya" and "bash magley" forum.

but yes, i really hope ducati gets their shit together nicky has suffered for too long

Ducati is far from together. And reading the reports from the higher ups at Ducati they have a long way to go. Right now they are better off fielding 4 CRT bikes.... But with Audi at their side I suspect they will start looking more put together mid season. It's sad to say. I was hoping Iannone would have a better shot at making Marc look a little less of a prodigy child.

• Upvote 1

It looks like its going to be the Repsol/Yamaha show again this year. I think if Marquez keeps the bike upright and on the track and doesn't get intimidated he will definitely be in the top three. If not the leader.

I think if Marquez keeps the bike upright and on the track and doesn't get intimidated he will definitely be in the top three. If not the leader.

Watching some of the test footage from MotoGP.com, it's really interesting to see how much less comfortable he is on the bike than Pedrosa and Lorenzo. Once he gets it setup and gets comfortable, it's gonna be really fun to watch what he can do.

Ducati is far from together. And reading the reports from the higher ups at Ducati they have a long way to go. Right now they are better off fielding 4 CRT bikes.... But with Audi at their side I suspect they will start looking more put together mid season. It's sad to say. I was hoping Iannone would have a better shot at making Marc look a little less of a prodigy child.

It feels like they are fielding 4 CRT's!!! Horrible. I feel so bad for Nicky, he's put in the time for sure. Basically, he won a world championship - got demoted for a spaniard who can't do the same, and has been on barely competitive equipment ever since.

I have to check out some of the testing footage since I paid for the video pass again. Beween the new riders and some of the top riders changing teams, I hope things will be shaken up a bit. A close season would be nice regardless of who wins.

With that said, I'd love to see Rossi in the top 3, with Spies and Hayden turning things around. Hopefully Ducati will get it together ASAP and not design Spies' bike to kill him. Kinda sad to see Edwards so far off pace too.

Day 2 results:

No real surprises here, although it's good to see Nicky and Dovi improve a little.

1 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team 2:00.549

2 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing 2:00.568

3 Marc Marquez Repsol Honda Team 2:00.803

4 Valentino Rossi Yamaha Factory Racing 2:01.038

5 Cal Crutchlow Yamaha Tech 3 2:01.311

6 Stefan Bradl LCR Honda MotoGP 2:01.369

7 Alvaro Bautista Honda Gresini 2:01.729

8 Bradley Smith Yamaha Tech 3 2:01.931

9 Nicky Hayden Marlboro Ducati Team 2:02.110

10 Andrea Dovizioso Marlboro Ducati Team 2:02.379

11 Kosuke Akiyoshi Repsol Honda Team 2:02.526

12 Katsuyuki Nakasuga Yamaha Racing 2:02.701