GoPro mounting

modular

Been thinking about picking up a GoPro for the upcoming season. Looking for ideas of how others have mounted the unit to their bike. I am looking for a mounting idea that would clear the small Honda windscreen on my 599 shown below.

IMAG0039_zps128b8571.jpg

Edited by modular

I'm racking my brain trying to come up with a mounting system for the tank that will clear the gauges/windscreen. So far I have the 2 items below in mind. I just don't know how high the bolt-on mount is.

Tank mount:

tankmount_zpsd120ffb3.jpg

Adapter to secure the GoPro to the mount:

gopromount_zps4ae43ff9.jpg

Edited by modular

I use a RAM mount on the VFR for a GPS but I mounted it at the front tank bolt area. In my case, since there are two bolts, I was able to get away with using a u-bolt mount meant for a handle bar. Used the top bracket, skipped the u-bolt, and mounted the bracket to the tank/frame. Works great.

I just use the curved/straight 3M sticky's that come w/ it. I have one that is on the lower area of the side fairing. This gives a cool view of the road/tire/shock. Another is on the front right next to the windshield that gives a good view in front or a nice rider view. Another is on the tail fairing that can give a nice view of my ass! Then I have on on the top of the helmet. Someone above also said they use the suction-cup for their gas tank. I do this as well...

I've been wanting to adapt one of the RAM mounts to use in place of one of the passenger pegs. Would be very secure and give a cool perspective.

I've used the adhesive mounts on my helmet and saddlebags without any issues. The suction mount works well, just make sure the area it's applied to is clean.

I made a RAM mount to locate over my brake fluid reservoir on the BMW...

IMG_0093_zpsf600cf8d.jpg

IMG_1560_zps5f3d65d0.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

It's great for forward facing shots and for rider's face shots. Also have RAM balls located on the back of the of the bike for rearward shots.

A bit more extreme, but I made this mount for the Kevin Schwantz Racing School - shows the rider's body position as he rides....

DS3D4190_zps3973f1e2.jpg

Our own Reuben with the camera bike at the School...

DS3N0957_zpsc26212de.jpg

DS3N0746_zps562d7e93.jpg

Made this area axle mount for one of the Duc's - give a unique view and you can see the rear suspension working...

IMG_8953_zps64527270.jpg

IMG_8954_zpse8e49fb7.jpg

PICT0046_zps3b6a1702.jpg

If anyone needs some custom mount made, gimme a holla. If you can draw it out, I can probably make it in my machine shop. Cheaper than anywhere else you'll find them, too (damned near free!).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After much deliberation I have decided on the Contour Roam2 using the rollbar mount on my left side T-Rex slider. Should give me a good view of things.

Mount:

rollbarmount_zps7f92c4ab.jpg

Mounted here on this slider:

IMAG0021_zps0adba577.jpg

I was just looking to see if it came close to touching at extreme angles. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KO9PX7hYj0

In the above video the camera is mounted to the swingarm with a sticky mount and then extended with the long arm. A short arm is ued to 90* and turn the camera in the right direction. Works good for the street, but I think it would rub on the track. I also "safety wire" the camera with a few zip ties so if they mount would fail, it would fall against the swing arm and wouldn't be able to go into the wheel or get left on the street.