2014 Honda CTX700

Tpoppa

Feet forward design = fuck that.

I guess when you're straddling 700 awesome CC's of Honda power, you need to be in the gynecological position.

It'll sell like a hubcap tractor. I thought Honda was heading in the right direction, then they announce a whole bunch of variants of this goofy sport cruiser.

• Upvote 2

I like the front of the fairing version, but the back looks bargain basement. Can't exactly put my finger on it.

It is a 700, though, so doesn't need to be too beefy.

People have been screaming for inexpensive "in between" bikes with reasonable price tags for a long time. This may fit the bill. Will it turn out to be a chick bike?

I like the burnt color, too.

Feet forward design = fuck that.

I guess when you're straddling 700 awesome CC's of Honda power, you need to be in the gynecological position.

It'll sell like a hubcap tractor. I thought Honda was heading in the right direction, then they announce a whole bunch of variants of this goofy sport cruiser.

^^^This

I like the naked version, looks less.....faggatious imo? I say the bagger variant almost a new version of the trusty old PC800, which never should have left Honda's lineup btw.

wait til Erik Buell sees that large diameter single front-brake disk and sues Honda for infringing upon his patent.

I dont believe this will happen. Buell's radial mount is at the rim, not the hub or mag. But it is similar to a degree, so apparently his design is catching on with the whole bigger/better theory......a good design to keep more heat at bay, and improved braking power

I realize it's not a direct copy of the Buell, but I think it's similar enough for him to be pissed...

The larger disk does help with heat transfer, but I believe the bigger benefit was supposed to be a reduction in unsprung mass in the front wheel. The single disk is lighter that two smaller ones, and the rim itself can be lighter because the hub doesn't need to be so beefy. The strength comes from the exterior of the rim rather than the interior.

I can see how this bike would be handy for light touring and commuting but America seems to either want a full-crouch race replica squid cannon or a big obnoxious chrome-dipped farkle-fest with an enormous displacement engine, open pipes and do-rag dispenser.

I don't know about these, but the NC700X and NC700S I find interesting. They seem like affordable fun all-rounders with good features. The storage compartment where the fuel tank normally is being able to carry a full face helmet is pretty awesome. It's not an all out powerhouse, but it seems fast enough for overall use, having some fun and gets great mileage.

If they had a version of it that had slightly more power, ~20-30hp I'd be a lot more tempted, but I might change my mind with a test ride.

If you like it, buy it. I've gotta say, they looked better in person (at Indy) than the photos, IMHO. My preference list seeing them live was totally different than my earlier response in this post.

On another (but similar) note, folks were crowded around the new Goldwing bagger thing.