The death of roadracing on US TV

motociclista

In the long and dismal downtrend of motorcycle roadracing television coverage in the United States, one thing has been constant. Every time we bitched and moaned about how bad the coverage was, it got worse the next year.

And now, welcome to 2013, otherwise known as dead rock bottom.

Read the rest here, but warning: If you're not in the mood for a rant, don't click.

Back in the 70's you could find it on TV alot. Don't think it was speedtv either. I remember this guy name Kenny something or other, rode a Yamaha, man I love watching him. Seems he won nearly all the time. That was back when I was into dirt biking big time and rode a Yamaha.

Made me go look....

Kenny Roberts

INDUCTED: 1998

First American to win a World 500 Grand Prix title Three time Daytona 200 winner

Dude could ride.

Edited by ohiomike

I however can barely work a TV remote anymore.

Or ride a motorcycle, let alone ride it fast! :D

On topic, just when I started to get more into watching and following AMA and MotoGP, it is no more...:( I'll have to find it on the internet somewhere.

• Upvote 1

Wow. They televise NASCAR truck but not motorcycles? They have shows like pinks all out and pass time where its the exact same show with a few different characters but the don't want to show motorcycle racing? I think the Mayans were right, its the end of the world.

Hopefully another channel picks them up. Theres hope in that right? HDnet would be perfect they already have super bike family. Why not the actual racing?

Speed TV will broadcast the 200 and :fingers crossed: CBS Sports will pick up the rest of the season -

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=50715

I will be surprised if they can find enough support from the OEMs to get this on CBS Sports. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised.

Or ride a motorcycle, let alone ride it fast! :D

On topic, just when I started to get more into watching and following AMA and MotoGP, it is no more...:( I'll have to find it on the internet somewhere.

My cock is going in your arse in about 4 weeks, and you wont even see it coming. The end.

Sorry, all I can think about is not being at work, and I can't even focus on OR. Im drinking my red bull right now, so maybe that will help.

Where is Jbot and his ghey ways? I need to start texting him terrible things like I do you 2.

Is it time to hit the track yet? After this ski trip Im done with winter, F that noise.

JENNINGS HOES

Speed has been terrible for the last 10 years. I still wish Speedvision would come back. Isn't Speed supposed to turn into NBC Sports 1 or something anyway, and drop all automotive content in favor of more basketball?

I've had the MotoGP pass since mid last year and renewed for 2013. It's spendy but for what you get compared to the Speed coverage. I used to go to the bar and have them change the channel for me, so Videopass pays for itself after 4-5 races. It's worth mentioning I don't subscribe to cable so for me it's worth it.

I wouldn't mind one bit buying a similar broadcast for World Superbike and AMA. I thought AMA had a web broadcast but I'm not sure. I have to dig through my AMA emails, but does anyone know if something like this exists? I don't see how the AMA can continue its road racing with no tv audience.