Wrestling dropped from the olympics????

Casper

will now be thrown in against the other seven sports vying for a single spot in the 2020 Games schedule: baseball/softball, squash, wushu, roller sports, karate, sport climbing, and wakeboarding

Seriously, squash? And wushu, wtf is that? Wakeboarding? What are they trying to do, turn the Olympics into the X-Games?

Can anyone honestly tell me what wushu is without googling it?

whats next, track? i suppose badminton was just too badass to remove.

You will have an entire subcontinent pissed off if you attempt to pull badminton. China/Korea(s)/SE Asia takes that shit SERIOUSLY.

Still, I'm not one to hold on to tradition for tradition's sake, but I really can't come up with a convincing reason to eliminate a sport that's been with the Olympics since the original. I heard on NPR that the pentathlon was also rumored to be on the block, but it just so happens that one of the guys on the IOC board that voted for wrestling had a kid who was a pentathlete, so that wasn't going to happen. In the board that voted for the removal, there was not a single American, and not a single country that won gold in that event.