Kali Helmets

dustinsn3485

While Jenna (ninjachic) and I were at the Indy IMS we were at the hotel bar and ended up talking to a Brit that worked for Rolls Royce and a Californian named Brad who claimed to make helmets. I've finally gotten around to researching his brand, Kali. Turns out Jenna and I had drinks with the founder, Brad, of Kali helmets. He was a pretty cool guy, a downhill bicyclist more than a motorcyclist. However that leads to my question, anyone ever heard of Kali helmets? Ever worn them? The patented technology seems interesting...

http://www.kaliprotectives.com/moto/

I saw them two years ago at the show. They seemed like pretty good quality. I revisited them again this year and still came away thinking they were a quality lid. I don't remember what MSRP on them is. I think IP may carry them as well.

I think you can pick up their top of the line Carbon Fiber model for $369. That's what interests me so much. The quality seems to be top notch, similar to Arai or Shoei. The price point is HJC or ICON.

I've known Brad for many years, he is a good guy. The helmet factory that makes his helmets is the largest bicycle helmet factory in the world. They are probably in the top 5 motorcycle helmet producers & make many many famous brands of motorcycle & bicycle helmets. It is a good factory, I have been there about 30 times. The technology in their EPS is legit & tests worlds better than anything else out there. Many of the bicycle helmet manufacturers are pushing product development (their market is much larger than motorcycle) some of this technology is starting to make its way into motorcycle helmets. I know Iron Pony caries the range of Kali helmets.