Has anyone tried one of these?

JackFlash

All I know is I ain't ridin' behind Jack :eek:....Is it raining ?????

I think I mentioned that...

... I wouldn't want to put a mist in the air that trailing riders would ride through.

...so don't think I would do that. However, it wouldn't be a bad idea if a car was a little too close behind and you wanted to mist their windshield a little in hopes that they would back off.

Let's say you are buzzing down the freeway and the only reason you have to stop is because you have to go. It could take you ten minutes to exit, get through traffic, and get into a restroom, five minutes to get your "part" out of, and back into your riding gear, and another ten minutes to get back on the freeway. It could be 1/2 hour before you are back to cruising speed, all for just having to relieve your bladder. At 80 mph, you could be another 40 miles down the road in 1/2 hour. With this item, you could pull to the side, relieve the pressure, and be back up to speed in minutes.

I see there is some interest. Here's a repeat of what one guy said:

It is suggested for ...Long Distance Motorcycle Riders...

One "Iron Butt" rider had the following to say: ..."I have been using the Stadium Pal for two years now, and using it has allowed me to drink fluids continuously while riding, without the worry of finding somewhere to stop. It allows me to concentrate on riding, and allows me to only stop when I need to refuel or rest. There is nothing worse than holding it in for hours looking for a good place to stop. It eliminates... leaving my well-equipped motorcycle in an unsecured location. The Stadium Pal prevents dehydration and muscle cramps. I can't praise

the Stadium Pal enough..."

I'm thinking, forget the bag. Run a tube that reaches...below the boot, pull off to the side, leave a puddle, and catch back up with the group.

And here are some words from our very own:

...I knew of a nurses husband who would use them at OSU games. Pregame and drink all day with out having to wait in those long horseshoe bathroom lines.

if my opinion matters any.. i think thats a hell of an idea. i HATE stopping and feeling awkward because i have to stop everyone else so i can take a tinkle. i give you props for finding something interesting. i would consider purchasing it.

And as for this...

...If you signal that you need to take a leak...

...a....um....just what is that signal? Do I point at the ground and shake my arm like crazy or what?

Edited by JackFlash

Hydration is important for long rides. Best to start at least a day or 2 before the ride so its easier on you to go light on fluids the day of. Hydration packs are good too keep a rider from thirst, but eventually there will be a point at which your water balloon wont hold another drop. So, if this device lets you enjoy more riding and inspires confidence to ride farther, I say go for it.

I'm luckily able to keep my hatches battoned for a couple hours or more, but I was also one of the riders that needed to sprinkle after the missed turn on last years Dream ride. Sometimes, ya just never know when ya gotta go.

Haha! OP reminds me of when I was a young whipper snapper standing at attention, in formation at boot camp. Had to pee real bad, but was too damn scared to break formation. So down the leg and into the boot it went.