Looking for an M1

Bubba

M1 Garand? M1 Carbine?

You do know the CMP North Store is in Camp Perry right?

There is a Garand on Gunbroker.com - saw it yesterday while looking for a M1A - and it is reasonably priced.

Hmmmm, I has no idea. I'm not a gun guru. I'll get more info and get back. Thx!

What is CMP North Store?

Edited by Bubba

Sorry. As stated, i'm only a go-between. Props to Baptiso for PMing me some links for the guy. It sounds like he's still in pre-SH buying mode and should shortly be in buyer's shock and denial when he sees what they're going for....

Thanks for the help.

Recon: From what I'm seeing on the interwebz, you can buy an M1 Abrams for less than a Garand!!! Glad I'm old and fat--when the zombie apocalypse breaks out, I won't have to worry if I've got enough fire power 'cause they always eat the slow, fat ones first.... :)

Recon: From what I'm seeing on the interwebz, you can buy an M1 Abrams for less than a Garand!!! Glad I'm old and fat--when the zombie apocalypse breaks out, I won't have to worry if I've got enough fire power 'cause they always eat the slow, fat ones first.... :)

you made me laugh. They are indeed expensive. I wish I had bought one of those cheap Chinese knockoffs of the M1A1. Better than nothing...

edit: actually, a brand new Springfield doesn't look all that bad price wise anymore.

Edited by ReconRat

yedit: actually, a brand new Springfield doesn't look all that bad price wise anymore.

You're right about that, RR. I'm still waiting for mine to show up at the gun dealer after nearly two months of waiting but tomorrow is the deadline - no rifle and the deal is off.

There's no shortage of M1 Garands on the market. Even collectible WWII - Korea models can be had for less than $1K. I honestly can't imagine ever buying a brand new M1 Garand considering all the used guns out there right now. Guarantee that if you buy a used Garand and take care of it that it will NEVER be worth less than when you bought it. No way you can say that buying a brand new gun.