HF trailer owners.. something for you

Hoblick

If you are bagging on something because it is inexpensive, why did you buy a HF trailer to begin with?

I'm not trying to be a complete douche, just wondering why I should spend money to replace my brand new bearings.

You don't replace them now. I buy them now, and keep them in your truck for when the OEM ones fail.

You all should invest in Bearing Buddy's, too.

Many times a product is made decently, except for the critical parts. A HF trailer is a trailer. It's steel quality is decent. Bearings are the critical part. They use a cheap bearing that works. But it won't last very long. Replacing it with a quality new bearing will exponentially increase the life of that trailer.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

You don't replace them now. I buy them now, and keep them in your truck for when the OEM ones fail.

You all should invest in Bearing Buddy's, too.

I wouldn't wait for them to fail...

I have seen the wheel come flying off a 6x12 enclosed trailer at highway speeds. Everyone involved would have been happier if the bearing hasn't caught on fire and basically exploded inside the hub.

I am super paranoid after seeing that. $40 is cheap peace of mind. I'll keep the "stock" set as spares for emergencies.

I wouldn't wait for them to fail...

I have seen the wheel come flying off a 6x12 enclosed trailer at highway speeds. Everyone involved would have been happier if the bearing hasn't caught on fire and basically exploded inside the hub.

I am super paranoid after seeing that. $40 is cheap peace of mind. I'll keep the "stock" set as spares for emergencies.

A bearing is loose for a long time before that happens. Check your stuff regularly. Ask Max Power about that one.