Crossing under a log???

indypup

What is wrong with some people? Smart enough to figure his way out of a simple problem, stupid enough not to be able to think outside of his perceived boundaries of the problem.

Common problem faced when trail riding. I would have been down the trail before he had the first branch cleared off.

Maybe the video doesn't portray how steep the side of the mountain is and how you would have been in a valley about 100 feet below if you moved even 1 ft to the right. :(

The camera is level most of the time so when you see those angles...they are real. ;) The angle of the tree across the trail is actually less than the slope of the side of the mountain.

3-2-2013+3-20-13+PM.jpg

Edited by indypup

Next time... include a wrap-around shot so we don't automatically think you're semi-retarded' date=' eh?[/quote']

LOL, good idea but at the time I was just trying to make it back to camp. :cry:

BTW' date=' your vids are going to force my hand this season. A dualsport is now on top of my short list.

Anybody want to buy a scooter?[/quote']

I've been looking at a WR205R for some time now myself,might pick one up after i grab my 636 in July.

I've been looking at a WR205R for some time now myself,might pick one up after i grab my 636 in July.

I love my wr250r. My KLR, ST, and Ninjette have been gettin' no lovin' since getting it. lol

Wow. Obviously not the most experienced trail guys. I'd say you might as well have completely disassembled the bike and hucked it piece by piece over the downed tree and put back together once on the other side.

I'm not the greatest trail guy, but the guys I've ridden with would have been to the destination and probably packed and loaded before you figured that dilemma out.

Wow.

Did you even look at the picture? There was no way to go around. The slope and the mountain prevented that. You couldn't even walk it let alone ride a motorcycle on it. Besides removing the log...going under was only option.

It's hard to show doing a 1st person POV on the motorcycle. You pretty much have to be looking at it from the side in order to tell how steep something is...

3-2-2013+3-20-13+PM.jpg

Haha well done! And good call on the saw for next time.

Haters gonna hate, they weren't there but they know exactly how to solve your problem.

Your vids keep me lusting after a DS, but my wallet says too damn bad!

Yeah, but you could have gone up the side and back down. Why not try that? Or, just move the damn tree, man... Seen the other vids and you guys are certainly having fun, but not what I would call seasoned... Maybe it's just me being around so many National Enduro and GNCC guys and riding with them (Much to their amusement - I am by no means at their levels...) on some pretty knarly trails. Trails that make that puppy look like a flat field crossing...

Don't know why the big fuss over this video. The man had a problem,found a solution and went on to ride. We each handle things in our own way. I enjoyed the video for what it is very entertaining cut the guy some slack fellas.

Upon further review I can see the problem being more complex than the video revealed. However my off-road bike is kind of a cheater bike for that type of situation.

picture.php?albumid=412&pictureid=17185

I would have been pissed at myself if I would have needed to put a foot down to make it over the log.

Wow. Obviously not the most experienced trail guys. I'd say you might as well have completely disassembled the bike and hucked it piece by piece over the downed tree and put back together once on the other side.

I'm not the greatest trail guy, but the guys I've ridden with would have been to the destination and probably packed and loaded before you figured that dilemma out.

Wow.

Yeah, but you could have gone up the side and back down. Why not try that? Or, just move the damn tree, man... Seen the other vids and you guys are certainly having fun, but not what I would call seasoned... Maybe it's just me being around so many National Enduro and GNCC guys and riding with them (Much to their amusement - I am by no means at their levels...) on some pretty knarly trails. Trails that make that puppy look like a flat field crossing...

:lol: classic Yamazukikatoomacati Brian. Dude, you take the art of asshole to a whole new level. Mazel Tov!

I woulda blowed that bitch ass tree up with my C4 that I always carry for these type sitiations. Ya gots ta be prepared, bro. :D

Yeah, the un-edited version of the video is about 20 minutes long and has me walking the trail and you get a better feel for the "gravity" of the situation I was in. ;)

Edited by indypup
  • Upvote 1

I might have to post the whole video for you...I have some choice words to say when I first roll up on the tree... ;) This was actually about the easiest part of that trail. I'm guessing it doesn't get used that much. It was one of those multi-use trails but I think I was the first to ever try riding a motorcycle on it. :(