Mid Ohio on the schedule for WERA

i-Zapp

i think racing at mid-ohio would be very cool. done several track days, maybe let the kid loose there...

https://www.facebook.com/wera.roadracing?ref=stream

Wera Motorcycle Roadracing

Well, as usual I'm bad about updating the page - but some great news this week, we're racing at Mid-Ohio on July 17th and 18th in between the AMA Pro event and the Vintage Motorcycle Days! Should be a great event. We'll be doing a double header format - full schedule should be done in a few weeks since I want to include those Vintage classes that don't run VMD as well as the modern bikes.

Anyone know how much a one event license is?

$50 for a 'mini membership', i presume that's good for 1 race

$85 for race entry

$60 for transponder rental

$100 for race school - would they honor another racing organization's credential? (ie, Motoseries)?

http://maps.wera.com/fees/?x=1098

$85 for race entry

$100 for race school - would they honor another racing organization's credential? (ie, Motoseries)?

Normally but have to still run provisional until completing 2 races with them I believe. Also I believe their tech is a little more "involved" from what I heard.

It's a little more in depth, but still has the basics of what Motoseries goes by. Would be interested in going myself if I have the bike still.

The race entry costs usually reduce as you enter more classes. Note though....WERA uses a superstock and superbike class. So you need to know which class you qualify for. SS can run both...but Sbk can't run in SS. I removed myself from SS with the brembo Master cylinder.

$85 for race entry

They did accept motoseries license I'm not sure if they still do.

$85 for race entry

Not quite actually. The "Mini" license isn't a minature event license, its because WERA races "Mini" bikes also.

CHAPTER NINE

COMPETITION CATEGORIES

a) There will be 2 WERA Mini’s classes as follows:

Superbike 50 50cc - 65cc 2-stroke machines based on Superbike rules

Up to 125cc 4-stroke machines based on Superbike rules

Formula 80 66cc to 85cc 2-stroke machines based on Formula rules

126cc to 150cc 4-stroke mahcines based on Formula rules

b) All machines and riders must conform to the rules as set forth in this rulebook. Exceptions may be made for technical/equipment requirements on a case by case basis

Membership (Race License) - $110 good for one year from date of purchase. This is what you will need to race and as far as I can see, they don't offer a single or event only license, your either all in or nothing.

So:

Membership (Race License) - $110

Average Gate Fees - generally are $20

Riders School - $100

All Sprint Classes - 1st class entered -$85 pre entry and $95 post entry, 2nd class - $65 pre and $70 post, each additional class $55 pre entry and $60 post entry.

Transponder Fees (all series) -Purchase - $425 or Rental - $60 per event.

Edited by SJC1000rr

CHAPTER SEVEN

RIDER and CREW REQUIREMENTS

As of the current rulebook, they don't accept Motoseries as a recognized race school, so I would contact them about it if your considering this. For those of us with previous WERA license's, its probably just a renewal and so on.

b) Successfully completing a WERA approved rider’s school. WERA recognizes the following motorcycle ROADRACING schools as the requirement for obtaining a Provisional Novice License: WERA New Riders’ School, Jason Pridmores STAR School, Fast Track Riders school, Ed Bargy’s Rider School, Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School, Corner Speed, Team Chicago School, F.A.S.T. (Canadian), CLASS, Team Hammer Advanced Riders’ School, Track Riders, MARRC, Freddie Spencer, Viking Race School, California Superbike (must take the classroom part of WERA’s school), RPM Track School, Ty Howards Racing School 35, Sportbike Track Time Pro School., Champion Sportbike Club, Wizard Racing School, & Penguin School. The length of time between taking the riders’ school and racing must not exceed twelve (12) months. If the school you have taken or wish to take is not listed call the WERA office to see if it has been approved since the printing of the rulebook or if it meets WERA requirments.

Mad- You've been racing a recognized series so, you shouldn't have to be a PN. However, so what if you do? That would be sweet seeing a PN rip the field...

As for the M/C, just run superbike. We need as many locals as we can get!

CHAPTER SEVEN

As of the current rulebook, they don't accept Motoseries as a recognized race school, so I would contact them about it if your considering this. For those of us with previous WERA license's, its probably just a renewal and so on.

b) Successfully completing a WERA approved rider’s school. WERA recognizes the following motorcycle ROADRACING schools as the requirement for obtaining a Provisional Novice License: WERA New Riders’ School, Jason Pridmores STAR School, Fast Track Riders school, Ed Bargy’s Rider School, Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School, Corner Speed, Team Chicago School, F.A.S.T. (Canadian), CLASS, Team Hammer Advanced Riders’ School, Track Riders, MARRC, Freddie Spencer, Viking Race School, California Superbike (must take the classroom part of WERA’s school), RPM Track School, Ty Howards Racing School 35, Sportbike Track Time Pro School., Champion Sportbike Club, Wizard Racing School, & Penguin School. The length of time between taking the riders’ school and racing must not exceed twelve (12) months. If the school you have taken or wish to take is not listed call the WERA office to see if it has been approved since the printing of the rulebook or if it meets WERA requirments.

Wasn't it Fast Track before Motoseries? But good looking out because I don't want to do another race school etc for 1-2 races if they won't honor our license. I would think Todd has some contacts with Wera since he runs Vintage at Mid O etc.

I believe the original name was Fasttrax. There is a Fast Track org also though. I'll give the WERA office a call tmrw and see what they say. They know who Motoseries is since it took the bulk of the NE/NC area schedule.

And what Brian said! Run C/B superbike and maybe A if you want to have a big group race... did it back at the AMA RRGC and had a blast.

CHAPTER SEVEN

2. Have a current, valid WERA Competition License or other racing license designated as valid at a particular race. Only WERA Licensed riders will earn points toward an invitation to the Grand National Final. WERA will allow racers with the following current licenses to participate in two WERA events before said racer is required to purchase a WERA membership: CMRA, RACE, WMRRA, OMRRA, CRA, USCRA, VRRA and AHRMA. Riders who participate in WERA events with another race organization’s license ARE NOT EARNING WERA POINTS. Points are only awarded to racers with a current WERA License. Contingency awards are only available to racers with a current WERA license. Endurance team riders must all have valid WERA licenses.

Be nice if we could get MS in that list so its not up for debate, but I would think that with our current license we would be ok.

Edited by SJC1000rr

Mad - YOU RACED MS!!! The school isn't recognized meaning they won't accept it as you coming in and racing the first race with WERA. You've raced at least a season with MS. You're capable of being in the WERA race... You just need the license...

Mad - YOU RACED MS!!! The school isn't recognized meaning they won't accept it as you coming in and racing the first race with WERA. You've raced at least a season with MS. You're capable of being in the WERA race... You just need the license...

Koolio, I'll shoot Mongo a PM on WERA come closer to season and ax him about my L's. I really wanted to run Nelson last year with WERA but was chicken, then saw their times and really was pissed I didn't. And shit, if the real racers that are fast from MS ran it we would have a great showing, not just my slow, fat, gay ass.

But yeah, I'm going to holla at Mongo.

• 3 months later...

I got this info from Sean at WERA regarding whether they will honor a Motoseries competition license. Good news!

Double header on July 17-18, Wednesday and Thursday

you'll have to buy a WERA license but we will offer a weekend license for $30 (our yearly is $110 and is good for 12 months from the date of purchase).

example of daily race schedule: .  http://maps.wera.com/pdfs/2008Schedules/summit042113.pdf

• 5 weeks later...