Picked up a New Car - 2013 Veloster

abdecal

Yellow lighting doesn't do the Gray much justice but here it is...

8b3b41f6-9a55-47cc-ba66-495793c408df_zps96fe6b70.jpg

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/2013/veloster/remix.aspx

It's a nice little car. Lots of cool stuff you can do with the computer built into it. Just jailbroke my iPhone and I'm able to use any GPS system on the iPhone hooked up into the lcd in the car.

They also have a bluelink app with remote start from anywhere and lots of other cool stuff that you can do. I'm a techie so it's perfect for me. Plus the 37mpg is pretty nice.

Dont they make them with the Turbo too? I've been interested in hearing about the quality of Hyundai as of late, more from personal references than like commercials. Seems their rides look sweet and are built really solid now.

Keep us updated.

Nice ride, congrat's.

I prefer big trucks so I'm personally looking for a Cummins dually to replace to my Hemi 2500. I need it for pulling a 5er I'm looking to buy come late spring/early summer.

Dont they make them with the Turbo too? I've been interested in hearing about the quality of Hyundai as of late, more from personal references than like commercials. Seems their rides look sweet and are built really solid now.

Keep us updated.

the naturally aspirated model makes 138hp at the crank. Turbo bumps it just over 200. My Altima only makes 175hp, and I'm sure it's quite a bit heavier.

Probably pretty fun to drive, but the price jumps up past $20k for the turbo model as well, and fuel economy suffers a couple MPG.

with a manual, I'm betting you wouldn't miss not having the turbo, and you'd save a bunch up front.

the naturally aspirated model makes 138hp at the crank. Turbo bumps it just over 200. My Altima only makes 175hp, and I'm sure it's quite a bit heavier.

Probably pretty fun to drive, but the price jumps up past $20k for the turbo model as well, and fuel economy suffers a couple MPG.

with a manual, I'm betting you wouldn't miss not having the turbo, and you'd save a bunch up front.

Oh no no, I only buy blown vehicles now for myself lol. JK, kinda, but man after picking up a Turbo Volvo S60 last weekend I forgot how much fun Euro turbo'd rides are. My powerstroke is fun but more so in the warmer months as the diesel love's moisture in the warm air to make more power. The Volvo however has been a BLAST, I'd definitely be interested in a hyundai with a Turbo.

Nice ride, congrat's.

I prefer big trucks so I'm personally looking for a Cummins dually to replace to my Hemi 2500. I need it for pulling a 5er I'm looking to buy come late spring/early summer.

Thecarcompanyonline.com

That's where I bought my 12valve dually

• Upvote 1

It's pretty slow but I knew that before buying. I've heard a lot of great things lately about Hyundai's reliability and they have long warranties. This is a car I plan on driving for a long time as a commuter.

I drove the turbo version of the Veloster as well but it was more speed than I need.

When I wanna go fast I'll ride a motorcycle :)

It's pretty slow but I knew that before buying. I've heard a lot of great things lately about Hyundai's reliability and they have long warranties. This is a car I plan on driving for a long time as a commuter.

I drove the turbo version of the Veloster as well but it was more speed than I need.

When I wanna go fast I'll ride a motorcycle :)

Thats exactly what I said when I bought my Mazda3, I test drove the speed3 and said "I have the bike for going fast" now here I am 2 years later trying to get out of my 3 year lease so I can get something faster :D

Thats a cool looking little hatch though, sat in a couple of them when I was car shopping for with my brother and the interior is awesome! Just wish it has rear doors on both sides.

Edited by JStump

Wonder what a turbo kit for one of those costs? Or a supercharger if out yet for them, after going from the Accord to the Turbo'd Volvo, I won't ever buy another car without one though, it's just too much fun.

That's a nice color too though, I've seen it on the road and loved it.

Wonder what a turbo kit for one of those costs? Or a supercharger if out yet for them, after going from the Accord to the Turbo'd Volvo, I won't ever buy another car without one though, it's just too much fun.

That's a nice color too though, I've seen it on the road and loved it.

That's a good question. I imagine I could pick up the Hyundai turbo kit and not void warranties :p It's the same engine and transmission as the turbo'd version... just no turbo

That's a good question. I imagine I could pick up the Hyundai turbo kit and not void warranties :p It's the same engine and transmission as the turbo'd version... just no turbo

Exactly my thoughts, maybe in a little while too, like hold off, let some moron kids put one on, wreck the car, get it off Ebay cheap. It's what we did with my dudes Focus and his S/C, picked it up for like 1200, installed it in a garage in Hilliard in 1 day, done.

But yeah, nice looking car, I still really like those.

Cool little cars, and Hyundai is no joke any longer. I would opt for the Subaru BRZ over that, but the Veloster are pretty cool and unique rides no doubt.

BRZ was my first choice. But with the way life is heading right now I don't see it being the practical choice in the next few years lol