Spring is coming, let's talk new outdoor grills.

madcat6183

So I've had my CharBroil brand for 7 years and it finally is on it's las leg. It pains me to toss it, but every weld has pretty much corroded and only the stainless burners are still 100% working.

Anyways, I have a propane smoker for the record, and currently have 2 propane tanks so I never run out BUT I also have a natural gas hookup on the back of my house too.

I would LOVE to get a dual fuel propane/natural gas grill but we don't plan to be in our house much longer, and even if we are, I then have to buy a conversion kit, and would essentially have 2 propane tanks just to smoke.

I also have been toying with the idea of a propane and charcol unit, a nice one, not junky one. Who is running one of these on here? I found one at Menards I like and looks to be really nice with a larger cooking area than a lot of the other models.

If I was staying in the house I would definitely get a dual fuel propane/natural gas, but not sure the costs is worth it since the house we are looking at does not have natural gas hook ups and heats on propane.

What are people using and how has the quality and life of the grills been? Like I said mine is 7 years old, I cover it whenever not in use and clean it really well after each use.

I want a new grill' date=' but my 10 year old Charbroil won't die. Even the damn ignitor still works.

:([/quote']

See that's what Im talking about, I stopped replacing the battery in mine, but it still works too. I almost want to just buy the same grill for the 250 I paid or whatever and start over...

I've always gone the cheap route and last year I had this same battle. I decided against the combo pit and I ended up just getting a Weber propane and have not regretted it since. The build quality is amazing and I've been able to do so many more things than I could with my old POS char-broil (which I loved cause it last me 7 years for $99)

While I miss the taste of charcoal, I have a Four Seasons with the infared burners. Does a nice qiuck sear then a couple minutes on each side....steaks to perfection. Plus a nice little cooler and side burner. Admittedly, I got it on a wixked deal as there is no way I could afford one brand new. But I recommend the infared burner if you go gas.

Weber is worth the extra money. Very good build quality and very even cooking temps.

Propane refills are $20, no point in running a gas line.

I have the gas line already, but in the end think it'd be most cost effective to stick with propane as well as my smoker already runs off that as well.

Weber is worth the extra money. Very good build quality and very even cooking temps.

Propane refills are $20, no point in running a gas line.

Nice thing about natural gas is you never run out of gas mid session. Or worse empty a tank only to realize you forgot to fill the backup. :(

Not that Ive ever done that. :rolleyes:

Craig

These look interesting

http://www.traegergrills.com/

Had them (or something similar) at Costco last time I was there.

Always liked the thought of cooking with wood.

Craig

THAT is what I am talking about!!!!! I have been eyeing these for a year or so, Roush Hardware here in Westerville carries these.

The Traeger's are nice, but I just can't give up on the Weber products. BTW, Roush Hardware in Westerville has the most impressive selection of Weber grills I've ever seen. Only place I've actually seen a Ranch Kettle on display!

I remember Costco having them too, knew nothing abotu them but dang they are BALLA.

Yeah they rank as some of the very best that money can buy, and they are built like tanks and work awesome from what I hear. I think I just talked myself into one. :D

The Traeger's are nice, but I just can't give up on the Weber products. BTW, Roush Hardware in Westerville has the most impressive selection of Weber grills I've ever seen. Only place I've actually seen a Ranch Kettle on display!

Webber's are excellent for sure "have 2" but the Traeger's are in a whole other league.

Webber's are excellent for sure "have 2" but the Traeger's are in a whole other league.

You got that right... I really love my kettle, but there's just something very sexy about a thermostically controlled, auger fed, wood pellet grill. :cool:

We've had a cheap ass Aussie propane/charcoal grill for 4 seasons now, but it's rotten now and need to upgrade. Checked a few Charbroils out at HomeDepot that are still on sale from winter, last years leftovers. Decent stuff but still $200-up :rolleyes:

if anyone needs propane tanks, i can get them at our cost (employee/manufacturer) pricing - roughly half what you'd pay new, less if you want a blem (structurally sound/safe).

we used to be able to get grills at cost due to supplier status - I'll check tomorrow if we still do that.

probably cheap on Balloon Time Helium too, if you're into that... :lol:

I picked up this gas- cahrcoal grill a year and a half ago and i love it

2012-02-26_23-36-08_992_zps471c71ce.jpg

More info please, this is the one I like after really looking into them. How many chicken breast's or burgers can you fit at one time on the gas side? I cook in bulk on Sundays and some Wednesday's so need to cook about 9-12 if possible at one time. Sound legit?

I got the grill from lowes for 600 and they do go on sale from time to time

AS Far as overall size the grill is a monster but it doesn't hold a ton on each side, if you burn both sides at once its much bigger than a normal grill, if your planning on just doing gas you can get larger gas only grills. I have put six or eight burgers on each side before. I like the option of bring able to do gas or charcoal more than anything. When I'm in a hurry i throw the food on the gas side or when i want a damn good burger and have time to hang out i use the charcoal

http://m.lowes.com/product?langId=-1&storeId=10702&catalogId=10051&productId=3583544&store=0003&view=specs