Progressive customers, heads up!

magley64

Today I noticed that one of my cars dropped off my policy inexplicably, and some of my discounts were not on there either. I got no notice of these changes.

I called them to ask what happened, and it turns out that over the past month they were transitioning to a new computer system, and some of my data was lost in translation.

They were very apologetic, and fixed the problem retroactively.

I'm not sure how unique my situation is, so if you've got progressive it might be worth your while to go online and double check everything is as you had it.

That is all.

Anyone else with progressive homeowners insurance get a notice that their coverage is being discontinued? I just got the letter the other day stating that they are no longer offering this and I will have to get coverage elsewhere. I can't remember the name of the actual provider at the moment, but my policy was being covered by some 3rd party insurance other than progressive.

Anyone else with progressive homeowners insurance get a notice that their coverage is being discontinued? I just got the letter the other day stating that they are no longer offering this and I will have to get coverage elsewhere. I can't remember the name of the actual provider at the moment, but my policy was being covered by some 3rd party insurance other than progressive.

Probably just means the actual underwriting wont be direcly with Progressive any longer, most weren't already I believe. Mine is actually underwriten with Homesite Insurance, but Progressives manages the policy.

Similar to large lenders, they service mortgages but in the end Fannie and Freddie hold the mortgage, the lenders get paid by them to service the loans though.

We can discuss this weekend if you need more info buddy.