Need Some Help With a Track Suit...

katanafreak

Hey guys, I need some help with findig a track suit, im looking for a used one as im not really looking to drop too much money in one. I understand that its safety gear and you shouldn't skimp on gear but im just not fast enough to warrant dropping $500-$600 bucks on a suit. The other thing i need help with is size. In Texas i did trackdays, but i knew the guy who ran them so he just let me pick out a suit that he rented out. I never really looked at the sizes as i found one and wore that all the time.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to pick up a cheap suit/gloves/boots/back protector if mandatory up here in Ohio? Also any idea what size i would be looking for, im a short fat guy lol. Im 5'10 about 240. If you guys can help shed any light on this i would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you in advance for any help! Can't wait for the start of the season!!!!!

Edited by katanafreak
grammar like a 3rd grader

5'10 240! You're in the same boat as me (5'8 210). I haven't shopped a track suit yet but just finding a jacket that fits has been a bitch. I've got extremely wide shoulders and a barrel chest with a beer gut and finding anything that fits in the torso that isn't either too loose or too tight in the arms and waist is a bitch!

Good luck bro.

48/58, Im 220 currently and 6ft and wear 46/56, but this is only speaking for AStars. I heard from RD that Tecknics fit tighter in the chest area, I actually could use some legs taking out of mine.

Nick has 1 or 2 suits for sale and I believe 1 is your size and a perfect starter suit. I dont think he ever wore it himself so his musk may not be in it, but he has had it since we picked it up last season for him. Good suit good price for starting out.

Edit: Nick PM'd you he's APCH8R forgot you may not know real names yet.

My opinion the A* suit run a little small.

I'm 6' 200 and my 48US with back protector is very good fit.

really? Cuz my 46/56 fits fine and Im heavier than you. But it could be where weight is in the Astar and the model. I forget what model I have actually.

Did Casper ever post up how his fit? He has similar stats etc.

I use a Spidi two-piece suit, size Euro 58 (which is a US 48). I'm 6/0 and about 240 lbs on a good day. Wide shoulders, long torso, relatively short inseam at 32 inches.

Suite fits me well, even zipped together. Had a couple of one-pieces in the past, but since my track time is getting less and less, I chose the two-piece so I could use the jacket by itself.