OSU vs UK

Bitani

For anybody that knows me, I'm a senior in high school.

I'm pretty much decided between going on to OSU or UK next year, but .. I can't decide between those two!

Is there good riding up in Columbus? Anybody that's going to OSU here have an opinion (how you like it, etc.)? Sway me, dammit.

I'm mostly on the OSU side at this point, but I need a nudge to make the final jump.

Edited by Bitani

I would hope the decision on the future of your education relies on more than the quality of roads...

It does. But would you not agree that both are great schools?

And thus, with that, it becomes more of a "Which will I enjoy spending 4/5 years at?"

what's your future earning potential with the degree you're pursuing?

ie, are you going to be able to pay your student loans? or will you be on full scholarship?

Osu women have all their teeth UK women not so much.

/thread

I will bet you that some of the finest young rich college girls in all of the nation goes to UK, and UK is not all Kentucky girls obviously.;) And for the record I am a rabid UK basketball fan, I went to college in Kentucky at Morehead State and the roads down there are Fabulous and Incredible "much better weather too". A degree from UK is going to get you further than one from OSU, and a degree from OSU is nothing to scoff at.

Edited by Pokey

Please give us more details. Have you been accepted to either college? Got Scholarships? Trust fund to pay for it? What is your planned major?

Your question is almost laughably stupid. If your choice on deciding which college to go to has any basis on hows the riding near by, I would say you need to be considering a couple community colleges. Go get some basics for a whole lot less cash, and save real college for when you figure out what you want to get out of it.

Now,

if the question is which is a better place to live and party as an irresponsible late teen/early twenties, Columbus or Lexington, I would say Lexington hands down.

Please give us more details. Have you been accepted to either college? Got Scholarships? Trust fund to pay for it? What is your planned major?

Your question is almost laughably stupid. If your choice on deciding which college to go to has any basis on hows the riding near by, I would say you need to be considering a couple community colleges. Go get some basics for a whole lot less cash, and save real college for when you figure out what you want to get out of it.

Now,

if the question is which is a better place to live and party as an irresponsible late teen/early twenties, Columbus or Lexington, I would say Lexington hands down.

Very well said.....and UK is also not an easy school to get into. ;)

Morehead - the Harvard of the south. At least that's what my high school history teacher always said.

It is a wonderful campus and beautiful area, and the best thing that happened to me down there was meeting my wife. :cool:

Apparently I worded myself terribly. The roads thing was just one of my questions - typed that up quick, and was the only thing I could think of at the moment. The "give me opinions" thing was for all opinions, not just on motorcycling.

Anyways.

I'm going into Computer Science (Software Engineering). I've been accepted to both colleges and have about even scholarships from both. Because UK is out-of-state, though, it's still a few thousand a year more than OSU. Unless they somehow give me in-state like a few friends have said they offered... (and dammit I got a 34 on my ACT. Thought that was supposed to get more money.)

OSU is rated higher than UK for Computer Science by quite a few sites that I've looked at. UK's degree still look better somehow..?

And I always assumed that OSU would be better for the college kid shenanigans. Most of you are saying that UK is? I did not expect that.

I went to OSU, wouldn't change a thing about my schooling...some ppl bitch that OSU is so impersonal and that with such a big school you can't really get a feel for anything, but it's only as big as you make it. At either school - get involved with some program, club, group - anything that has to do with your interests (shit, there's probably an OSU motorcycling club for all I know). You'd be amazed at how personal it feels once you find a big group of niche friends that you can pal around with.

I'm sure either school has it's benefits - I'm sure KY's roads are better than CBUS. Columbus is about 40 mins from anything that's really fun (think southeast) OSU's "distractions", just being in such close proximity to such a large city are probably greater, but that's not really any reason to choose a school. As far as the ladies go...I'm sure you'll find a way to crush plenty of ladies hearts where-ever you are. Most men find a way to do that ;)

As far as degree goes, unless you're upper end ivy league (Harvard, Yale, Stanford, etc)- or dealing with a hiring manager that has some sick/twisted infatuation with a particular school - it doesn't matter where you get your slip of paper. Professional degree from major institution = box checked for the applicant.

Long story short, follow your heart. You're going to be spending what feels like a ridiculous amount of time at said university, and what IS a ridiculous amount of money there. Feel good about whatever decision you make, and don't look back.

Anyway, that's my $.02.

Apparently I worded myself terribly. The roads thing was just one of my questions - typed that up quick, and was the only thing I could think of at the moment. The "give me opinions" thing was for all opinions, not just on motorcycling.

Anyways.

I'm going into Computer Science (Software Engineering). I've been accepted to both colleges and have about even scholarships from both. Because UK is out-of-state, though, it's still a few thousand a year more than OSU. Unless they somehow give me in-state like a few friends have said they offered... (and dammit I got a 34 on my ACT. Thought that was supposed to get more money.)

OSU is rated higher than UK for Computer Science by quite a few sites that I've looked at. UK's degree still look better somehow..?

And I always assumed that OSU would be better for the college kid shenanigans. Most of you are saying that UK is? I did not expect that.

Ah, much better. It makes more sense asking with all that information.

The part in bold would be where I would spend all my time researching. What kind of job placement after graduation, starting wages, wages after five years, etc. If that all ends up being even as well, next would be cost. OSU is cheaper? That's where I'd be going. Now, if scholarships are going to cover enough and you have the luxury of not having to worry about the rest of the cost(parents/trust/sugar momma), then it would get down to where would I rather be, and how's the motorcycle riding. For that, I'd say Lexington. Longer summer(more time for scantily dressed co-eds), better roads, more public lands near by, and a cheaper cost of living.

Good luck whichever way you go. ;)

Do you know what type of degree you are wanting to get?

Check to see which school is rated higher.

Truthfully you can't go wrong with either. Is there a significant tuition difference?

Roads will be better in KY. :)

It doesn't matter what school you goto, the "distractions" are all the same. Partying, banging chicks and slacking off due to a newfound freedom

Add amazing roads to ride as a distraction for UK though. :D

Do you know what type of degree you are wanting to get?

Check to see which school is rated higher.

Truthfully you can't go wrong with either. Is there a significant tuition difference?

Roads will be better in KY. :)

"Significant.."

I think I'm at $15k/year for OSU and about $24k/year with UK. So yeah, I'd say that's pretty significant.

UC has offered me a pretty sizable scholarship as well as acceptance into their Honors program, but I don't have much interest in their campus.

"Significant.."

I think I'm at $15k/year for OSU and about $24k/year with UK. So yeah, I'd say that's pretty significant.

UC has offered me a pretty sizable scholarship as well as acceptance into their Honors program, but I don't have much interest in their campus.

Go in state or the cheaper school that still provides a good education. Paying back student loans suck. My sister went to UC and loved it. In reality you will love anywhere you go.

"Significant.."

I spent nearly 6 years at UC. What about the campus doesn't interest you? I can pretty much tell you every pro and con there is

I spent nearly 6 years at UC. What about the campus doesn't interest you? I can pretty much tell you every pro and con there is

I honestly don't even know. It's a really nice campus, but it just didn't interest me as much. I'm going on another look-see there Tuesday, so maybe.

What all did you like/dislike?

lul sending this frum mai fone so kewl!