Borrow/Rent trailer that can move a bike then car

JonS

rent a truck and a 2 wheel car dolly. take both at the same time. what you save in cost of one trip will rent both depending on how far you gotta go.

I think by better, he meant free. I have a trailer that will haul a bike but not a car. Of course, I'm in Cinci so that prolly doesn't help much.

Don't have a car trailer but if you would like to borrow my snowmibile trailer to haul bike you are more than welcome to it. It would cost you one 6 pack of Bud Light.

You need someone with a 7x24 enclosed, set up to haul a race car. Then just stick the bike in front of it and take one trip.

The only people I know with trailers that big are NESBA directors from out of state... Hauling a car is no joke though. What tow vehicle are you planning to use? Unless its a pretty damn big truck, you're going to want trailer brakes with 4,000 lbs. behind you...

Is the car not running? I looked into using a tow-bar or car dolly to pull my wife's Neon home from Philadelphia when she was moving back. The equipment cost and lost gas mileage made it cheaper to just drive both vehicles back.

What tow vehicle are you planning to use? Unless its a pretty damn big truck, you're going to want trailer brakes with 4,000 lbs. behind you...

Not to belabor a point, but you're talkin' a shit load more than 4000#. Figger the trailer alone--big enough to haul a car--is gonna be an 16'-22' tandem axle flatbed that's gonna weigh a minimum of 1500-2000#. Add a vehicle that, depending on size, weighs 3000-5000# + and we're talkin' a minimum of 3 tons. More likely, you're looking at 4+ tons. Be safe out there.

Not to belabor a point, but you're talkin' a shit load more than 4000#. Figger the trailer alone--big enough to haul a car--is gonna be an 16'-22' tandem axle flatbed that's gonna weigh a minimum of 1500-2000#. Add a vehicle that, depending on size, weighs 3000-5000# + and we're talkin' a minimum of 3 tons. More likely, you're looking at 4+ tons. Be safe out there.

not to belabor your point, BUT.... your forgetting that though the car and trailor may indeed weigh around 6000lbs if not more or slightly less, the rolling resistance is only very minimal. for example, lets say you have just a car that weighs 3500lbs on a paved road and all 4 tires are aired up, it would only take about 245 lbs of pressure to move it.

sorry im not trying to be rude, i promise.

not to belabor your point, BUT.... your forgetting that though the car and trailor may indeed weigh around 6000lbs if not more or slightly less, the rolling resistance is only very minimal. for example, lets say you have just a car that weighs 3500lbs on a paved road and all 4 tires are aired up, it would only take about 245 lbs of pressure to move it.

Whoa. Stop. Don't pass go. Crack open a basic engineering mechanics book. For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.

I'm thinking he was referring to stopping. Brake fade while towing is no joke. :eek: