Swingarm welding - 06 GSXR 600, Columbus

madcat6183

Anyone local who has experience welding say a spool mount on the swingarm? I lost one at Putnam last year when I wrecked and I just made due last year without it but it has to change ASAP lol.

Swingarm just needs ground down and cleaned a bit where the old mount was. Then a piece of whatever metal it is welded on, tapped and threaded, and I can handle the rest of paint etc.

I believe it's 8mm tap/thread.

Anyone help a brother out? I'll pay for material and buy beer, no rush, just before first round of Nelson in 2 months. I still have to get my TH set up to haul the bike so wouldn't actually have a trailer to move the bike for a bit.

MaxPower you got the stuff to do this, would love to find someone close to Groveport?

Looking at doing that the last weekend of March or 1st weekend April. I actually have way more to do then just "unwinterize" it. I have to give the water tanks a full flush etc and check everything since I never totally got to last year. It may even be the 23rd weekend just depends.

I may be contacting you shortly for some minor drywall in the garage. We are putting the house on the market this month/April and depending what our agent says Sunday we may give the garage a quick finish. Not sure if it'd be worth the $$ though.

Add; I can definitely help you get your's ready too. Most of the time I do a lot of that down at the Coonpath Sunocco, such as run water through the lines into the holding tanks, deordize the tanks, and then drain them, etc. It's like 5.00 for pump out there and find it easier to just do everthing there. I have to fill the water tanks up a few times and flush them, then bleach them lightly to get the leftover antifreeze the moron put in.