A Tale of Two Triumphs

jbot

Dickbag, that is not the (whole) reason I'm gonna stay novice. I said I want to get more experience before going up, especially since last year was my first season racing. Why would I want to go up and then just get smoked by the experts, and basically be riding by myself between them and the novices? So blow me. And there will likely be plenty of novices that are still faster than me.

(Oh, and that tire money, son!!! :D)

Hehe, dick. I love your gingerness, I hope you can make it Sunday dude, would like to catch up and hear about Nationwide this summer. I'm going to be the creeper who shows up outside your bedroom window all naked and jerking off all the time. Too much/?

Dickbag, that is not the (whole) reason I'm gonna stay novice. I said I want to get more experience before going up, especially since last year was my first season racing. Why would I want to go up and then just get smoked by the experts, and basically be riding by myself between them and the novices? So blow me. And there will likely be plenty of novices that are still faster than me.

(Oh, and that tire money, son!!! :D)

I honestly think this is a smart move and will help you in the long run. Bumping to expert only after one season isn't the way to go. You can argue the whole "only as fast as the competition you associate with" and justify to yourself, but at the end of the day - you may get faster, but do you get more experience? The point I am making is that back in the day, we would run the first year as a Novice and then run the National Challenge Series as a Novice and if enough points, we would go expert and run regionals.

In other words, I think an extra year isn't a bad thing and to those that think you'll be cherry picking - I don't think that will be the case. It is a carrot for the field and something for them to get better and essentially bring the level of Novices up a bar or two.

Thus, you get to expert and I will bet that you will be on the same level as a guy that moved up after only one season as a Novice.

I think what happens is that guys get excited over the plate color. The guys that work on craft and don't care about color end up better for it. Not saying a single guy on here is in that color struck mode... But what I am saying is that finishes and times are what is being looked at (hopefully). Yes, you can push out a fast lap and finish in the top of the field, but can you do a fast lap and dig in and do even faster when prompted? Can you handle situations that require you to fall back on experience you've built over the years?

I think everyone here is fast enough to be expert and will be fine. I just am supporting Hollyhaswood in his decision as I think he will be fine and advance well.

I'm just worried about you youngins and me trying to learn a bike and sort shit with you all hammering out fast laps! I enjoyed watching you all last year and how you all advanced.

• Upvote 1

I think everyone here is fast enough to be expert and will be fine. I just am supporting Hollyhaswood in his decision as I think he will be fine and advance well.

Don't support him, how am I going to make him feel bad and call him a sand bagger and cherry picker when you make comments like that? ;)

But honestly you are right, I wouldn't have moved myself up but Todd told me I was ready and didn't really give me an option, just said he was moving me up. I haven't been racing much longer than Hollywood either. I ran a few Mini 20's at the end of the season in 2011, and last year was the first "full season" I had ran. Either way I am just out there to have fun, but I personally think it will be somewhat embarrasing when I'm supposed to be an "expert" and I know there's Novice riders out there who are faster than myself and will probably be passing me.

Brandon, I decided to change the color scheme on you. Now it's going to be neon yellow for you. Jinu, I changed yours to neon orange.

You guys have a problem with that?

Neon yellow will be the safest for me. Everyone should see me coming and know they should stay clear!

Don't support him, how am I going to make him feel bad and call him a sand bagger and cherry picker when you make comments like that? ;)

But honestly you are right, I wouldn't have moved myself up but Todd told me I was ready and didn't really give me an option, just said he was moving me up. I haven't been racing much longer than Hollywood either. I ran a few Mini 20's at the end of the season in 2011, and last year was the first "full season" I had ran. Either way I am just out there to have fun, but I personally think it will be somewhat embarrasing when I'm supposed to be an "expert" and I know there's Novice riders out there who are faster than myself and will probably be passing me.

You guys (not you specifically) called me a sandbagger after my first event. Last year was my first year of racing. You will be fine in expert. I look forward to chasing some people to get my lap times down.

Brandon, I decided to change the color scheme on you. Now it's going to be neon yellow for you. Jinu, I changed yours to neon orange.

You guys have a problem with that?

Neon yellow will be the safest for me. Everyone should see me coming and know they should stay clear!

let us end this farce. i think we all know that the right color is neon ginger.

I'm glad that I can keep people guessing as to the actual paint jobs that the two of you are getting. I'll be sure to NOT spoil it though. But I will warn you that there will be one set of stickers on the bodywork already when you get it back.

It's no big secret other than Jbots because his is hilarious.

And are you putting Photos by Marty stickers on? Does that mean you are sponsoring us too and the paint jobs are free?!?!!!??

It's no big secret other than Jbots because his is hilarious.

And are you putting Photos by Marty stickers on? Does that mean you are sponsoring us too and the paint jobs are free?!?!!!??

Photos by Marty stickers yes. Sponsorship, no as I can afford only 1 a year. That's why if Craig tosses his bike that's his problem to get it re-painted.

Yeah I kow, I'm a prick.

Haha I'm just messin with ya. Give me some stickers and I'll gladly put them on my bike. I get to pick where they go though. I think I'll put one on the bottom of the lower fairing so it shows when you get a pic while I'm leaned over.

Edited by TRMN8TR

I honestly think this is a smart move and will help you in the long run. Bumping to expert only after one season isn't the way to go. You can argue the whole "only as fast as the competition you associate with" and justify to yourself, but at the end of the day - you may get faster, but do you get more experience? The point I am making is that back in the day, we would run the first year as a Novice and then run the National Challenge Series as a Novice and if enough points, we would go expert and run regionals.

In other words, I think an extra year isn't a bad thing and to those that think you'll be cherry picking - I don't think that will be the case. It is a carrot for the field and something for them to get better and essentially bring the level of Novices up a bar or two.

Thus, you get to expert and I will bet that you will be on the same level as a guy that moved up after only one season as a Novice.

I think what happens is that guys get excited over the plate color. The guys that work on craft and don't care about color end up better for it. Not saying a single guy on here is in that color struck mode... But what I am saying is that finishes and times are what is being looked at (hopefully). Yes, you can push out a fast lap and finish in the top of the field, but can you do a fast lap and dig in and do even faster when prompted? Can you handle situations that require you to fall back on experience you've built over the years?

I'm just worried about you youngins and me trying to learn a bike and sort shit with you all hammering out fast laps! I enjoyed watching you all last year and how you all advanced.

Thank you, Brian. I was actually just about to contact you to get your opinion on this, you know, since you're so OLD and wise. Seriously though, I wanted to hear what you thought, so thanks for chiming in. I should'nt have even said anything on here because I should have know these fucktards would be breakin my balls. :D

Edited by Hollywood33