The motorcycle always wanted to own!

NinjaNick

Wow, that's one expensive toy....kind of like the Ferrari of motorcycles, hand built, supreme performance, maintenance probably costs almost as much as purchase price..all for slightly better performance than you can get from a modded jap bike....still be on my list if I hit the lotto.

http://www.mvagusta.it/en/f4/f4-rr-my13

This is my dream bike ever since I started liking bikes. I hope to own one someday. Only dealer I found is in Michigan that is closest to Dayton.

I saw a used one it was a couple years old at dealer last year I believe it was state8 beautiful bike not sure if it was exact model but had the 4 tail pipes like this images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVHqwTa-w7HsAFQp0_4c3J0NLEc1_sRICZ82okc1ON58kJYrBi8g

Edited by conn-e-rot

I've ridden a few MVs. I have even ridden one with a $120' date='000 MSRP. It was awesome and terrifying at the same time.

The Brutale is still my favorite MV, though.[/quote']

That would be an awkward bike to crash. :wtf:

"Umm, yeah, about that 120K..."

Wow, that's one expensive toy....kind of like the Ferrari of motorcycles, hand built, supreme performance, maintenance probably costs almost as much as purchase price..all for slightly better performance than you can get from a modded jap bike....still be on my list if I hit the lotto.

I doubt it's even slightly faster than a Japanese 600, or a 675R. You're buying the exclusivity and style. With all the convenience of no dealer or aftermarket support!

If I really had "F you" money, it would be cool to own, but I'm a value guy. If I hit the lottery, I'm buying Nelson Ledges, picking up 12 first generation Miatas (10 to race, 2 for spares/parts) and as many SV650's and EX250's as I can get my hands on.

Spec race series any time we want. Just bring gas, gear, and throw in a few bucks to the tire fund (spec series means spec tires. Best I can find that won't need warmers). We'll run the bikes when it's nice, cars when it's not. Hell, we can do a snow series with the cars.

I'd work something out with Todd to keep MotoSeries going, and cut WERA a deal provided they go back to two rounds a year. 24 hours of LeMons would have a standing invitation.

I saw a used one it was a couple years old at dealer last year I believe it was state8 beautiful bike not sure if it was exact model but had the 4 tail pipes like this images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVHqwTa-w7HsAFQp0_4c3J0NLEc1_sRICZ82okc1ON58kJYrBi8g

Yeah, this newer version they ditched the 4 pipes.

I've ridden a few MVs. I have even ridden one with a $120' date='000 MSRP. It was awesome and terrifying at the same time.

That one is all carbon fiber and a special signature edition by the company owner or something. I watched a HDtv special on it once.

I doubt it's even slightly faster than a Japanese 600, or a 675R. You're buying the exclusivity and style. With all the convenience of no dealer or aftermarket support!

If I really had "F you" money, it would be cool to own, but I'm a value guy. If I hit the lottery, I'm buying Nelson Ledges, picking up 12 first generation Miatas (10 to race, 2 for spares/parts) and as many SV650's and EX250's as I can get my hands on.

Spec race series any time we want. Just bring gas, gear, and throw in a few bucks to the tire fund (spec series means spec tires. Best I can find that won't need warmers). We'll run the bikes when it's nice, cars when it's not. Hell, we can do a snow series with the cars.

I'd work something out with Todd to keep MotoSeries going, and cut WERA a deal provided they go back to two rounds a year. 24 hours of LeMons would have a standing invitation.

Shit, 200.8HP base with it's lightweight...it's faster than those bikes.;)

I don't know which one it was I saw at dealer but they had signs saying do not touch and about 10 seconds after I walked over to it a salesman was standing next to it never said a word just stood there I think he caught me pulling my junk out of the pipe

I saw one of the CC's at a motorcycle show one time. Every bracket/bolt/etc on that bike was beautifully machined from billet.

120k is way more scratch than I would spend on a bike, but the attention to detail on that one was above anything I'd ever seen before (or since).

Shit, 200.8HP base with it's lightweight...it's faster than those bikes.;)

Okay, so buy a S1000RR instead, or a ZX10R. Both can make 200hp at the crank with an exhaust system and a good tune.

How much more do they weigh?

How much do you weigh? The rider is still the biggest place any bike can accelerate faster by losing mass.

EDIT** dry weight for the F4 is listed at 418 lbs. Japanese 600's are in the 360 lbs range when dry. The ZX10 is listed at 395 dry, and as noted, makes damn near 200 at the crank stock as well.

I'm not trying to bash the F4, I just couldn't possible rationalize spending that much on one when you can get the same specs for a fraction of the cost.

Edited by redkow97

Okay, so buy a S1000RR instead, or a ZX10R. Both can make 200hp at the crank with an exhaust system and a good tune.

How much more do they weigh?

How much do you weigh? The rider is still the biggest place any bike can accelerate faster by losing mass.

EDIT** dry weight for the F4 is listed at 418 lbs. Japanese 600's are in the 360 lbs range when dry. The ZX10 is listed at 395 dry, and as noted, makes damn near 200 at the crank stock as well.

I'm not trying to bash the F4, I just couldn't possible rationalize spending that much on one when you can get the same specs for a fraction of the cost.

Rationalization of personal money spending is based on the individual and not opinions of others. I'm sure if I saw everything you own there is a few things that I would think is stupid to spend money on, but I wouldn't even mention it to you. It's not my money so I don't care what you do with yours. :werd:

I thought you were studying to be a lawyer and not a financial advisor? :p