Linndale (Clevelend) Speed Trap No More?

Tpoppa

Probably since they no longer get any money from the tickets. But if I was them I would go out with a big f you to the state and sit out there 24 7 and write everyone going 1 mile an hour over.

Not because I support the speed trap but because it would be funny as hell.

I doubt those police will have jobs much longer. $800k of the Villages $1MM budget comes from their speed trap. If they can't keep the ticket revenue, they can't pay the police (who do little more than sit in the speed trap and write tickets).

I doubt those police will have jobs much longer. $800k of the Villages $1MM budget comes from their speed trap. If they can't keep the ticket revenue, they can't pay the police (who do little more than sit in the speed trap and write tickets).

Exactly, so if I was them I would go out with a bang!

I've been through there so many times in the past 18+ months that I've lost count and don't recall ever seeing a speed trap out there.

Now, once you've hit the 480 split and you're in the Olmstead area, you had better keep an eye out for the po-po running radar.

Good news there. Now, North Olmsted should do the same. They say it's in the name of safety but when those cars that they pull over have to get up to speed & merge back into traffic it's not exactly safe. The huge lumps of traffic that the police create by merely sitting there are not exactly safe. It's ironic that the only time you can speed with impunity through North Olmsted on 480 is when the weather is bad. You will rarely see a cop out there in bad weather.

The Lindalle Mayor's Court is ordered to be shutdown by this Friday (3/22).

Could this be the end of the most infamous speed trap in NEO? Let's hope so.

Another mud hole just west of Columbus was shut down years back. It was nothing but a speed trap.

http://www.legalaffairs.org/issues/January-February-2005/scene_gagnon_janfeb05.msp