Painting a trailer

Bad324

So back in January I was able to pick up a 6x10 utility trailer pretty cheap. Its a new "home build" but he never painted got to painting it so I need to

What kind of paint should I use that would hold up decently enough? Its a trailer, I don't need a perfect finish I just want it to not look like rust colored metal

Go to tractor supply and get tractor paint. Its single stage so its easy to paint and holds up good

I'm assuming I'd need a spray gun to apply it? I'm lazy so I just wanna sand it and spray it and preferably in the yard here at work. I think our air hoses are long enough that I could reach outside too but something like a spray paint would be way easier :D

Roll/ paint on bed liner works amazing. It will cost a bit more than just paint but will last 10x longer if applied properly and will give the surface a textured NON- SLIP finish... Couldn't say how many times I've busted my ass on a wet or muddy trailer deck... I did my first trailer with bed liner 13 years ago and other than where it's new owner beat it up, it looks like the day I did it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everybody is right with the above responses and all of them will work. The TSC (Tractor Supply) paint can be applied with a brush, roller or spray gun. Your results will vary. I used TSC stuff in the past and it works really well. If you're using a spray gun to apply it there is an additive TSC sells that you will need.

• 2 weeks later...
Have it blasted, then chrome dipped.....done

:lol: I'm far too cheap for that

Just gonna sand it down and find some roll/brush on stuff to make it easier. Probably end up doing this in my garage and dont wanna deal with overspray and what not. Since my dad finished his GTO he already tore down the makeshift paint booth

:lol: I'm far too cheap for that

Just gonna sand it down and find some roll/brush on stuff to make it easier. Probably end up doing this in my garage and dont wanna deal with overspray and what not. Since my dad finished his GTO he already tore down the makeshift paint booth

I was kiddin' anyway :D

Subscribed, my trailer could use a lil makeover too