3 hours listening to "It's a Small World" = Cruel and Unusual

chevysoldier

Not sure $2,666.67/hour is enough to make me listen to that song for that long.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — An attorney says a disabled man was awarded $8,000 by Disneyland after the "It's A Small World" ride broke, stranding him for three hours while the theme song played continuously.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/apexchange/2013/03/26/us--stuck-on-small-world.html

I don't think $8000 is enough to pay me to even be at Disneyland for 3 hours!

Been having this talk with my wife often as of late. She keeps bringing up how our kid's going to want to go and if it's a girl she'll want to do the princess thing blah blah. I told her I went 1 time and after about 2 hours hated every place down there and just wanted to go play putt putt or race go karts.

I will go golfing while the wife goes to Disney with the kids, at least that's how it plays out in my mind.

I thought most of you are married, how the hell do you not know how to tune annoying shit out by now?

Tuning out baby songs and other toddler type stuff you can only do for long before you snap.

...I told her I went 1 time and after about 2 hours hated every place down there and just wanted to go play putt putt or race go karts.

agreed. 10 minutes in line, 5 on the ride and to this day i hate that song/place.

I will go golfing while the wife goes to Disney with the kids, at least that's how it plays out in my mind.

you're kidding, right? ain't no way that sh1t's gonna fly with the Mrs...dont' try it unless you don't mind "takin' care of it yourself" for a year or so.

you guys are making me ridiculously excited for the pending Disney trip I'm making in July withe the girlfriends family

are there kids (<13 y/o) going?

if not, there's no reason whatsoever to go, imho.

</whipped> :D

are there kids (<13 y/o) going?

if not, there's no reason whatsoever to go, imho.

</whipped> :D

2 of them thankfully...6 and 3

I actually don't mind Disney, this will be my 3rd time there. Already have 2 days of golf booked with her brother in law and another we are spending the day at Epcot doing the Beer Tour. Then I worked in a day at Animal Kingdom so that really only leaves 1 day of kid stuff

make a tee time at DubsDread - trust me, you won't be disappointed.

if you know anyone with a private club membership, see if they can get you on at Bay Hill, another course that will not disappoint.

Champion's Gate is not worth the money, imho.

(course suggestions are assuming you're staying in the Orlando area...)

make a tee time at DubsDread - trust me, you won't be disappointed.

if you know anyone with a private club membership, see if they can get you on at Bay Hill, another course that will not disappoint.

Champion's Gate is not worth the money, imho.

(course suggestions are assuming you're staying in the Orlando area...)

yea we're staying at one of the Disney resorts. I know DubsDread is one we talked about, I'm not sure what the other one he had in mind was but I'll let him know. I have a small chance I might have a hook up for Bay Hill though