Weight loss/Workout Thread 2013

shadyone

That's great Marty. All part of getting old. Just had this discussion with a buddy how it was so much easier to get drunk win college and then sleep all day. Now you have to get up early and mow the lawn or something. Haha.

So I had a busy week and forgot to update. I'm down another 4 pounds as of Wednesday. 8 total. Feeling good. I have found that I have to work out right after work otherwise I loose all motivation and really drag my feet on it. I think I'll wait 2 weeks then post another picture. That will be about a month of change. Hopefully everyone else is still chugging along.

That's great Marty. All part of getting old. Just had this discussion with a buddy how it was so much easier to get drunk win college and then sleep all day. Now you have to get up early and mow the lawn or something. Haha.

So I had a busy week and forgot to update. I'm down another 4 pounds as of Wednesday. 8 total. Feeling good. I have found that I have to work out right after work otherwise I loose all motivation and really drag my feet on it. I think I'll wait 2 weeks then post another picture. That will be about a month of change. Hopefully everyone else is still chugging along.

I can still drink, just like Marty said...not as much as 310 lbs. Congrats to you Shady! And...for winning the speedohealer...dick :D

The last time i weighed myself i was 215, down from 222. Something like a week and a half, and i didn't do anything other than ride :wtf:

Can a young guy join the fun?

Starting the Starting Strength program once I get done reading about the different movements, and also taking Bikeesha out on a lot of rides this year.

161 lbs according to my mom's scale, but I feel like that's low... My goal is like 170 with less fat, mo' muscle. Gotta look sexy for da ladies at OSU.

If anyone around Dayton is a bike rider themselves, I'm up for a ride!

:lol: are you gonna be one of those dudes in the oval strutting around with your shirt off pretending to play frisbee with friends? ;)

Oh hell no. That's douchey.

I'm just going to bring my motorcycle, take off my shirt and start doing burnouts and shit. :cool:

Yeah, Brown.....what IS with the pants? Some sort of uniformed prerequisite to this particular dance?

Not so much a prerequisite but it allows for easier movement and also helps with the illusion your gliding. I will also shuffle in jeans and shorts the pants are also super comfy. Look up Melbourne shuffle or hardstyle shuffle to see what exactly it is I do.

I would suggest lifting for yourself and not anyone else.

An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds.

-mark rippetoe

Oh, don't get me wrong, it is for myself. I'm sick of being completely lazy.

And don't forget that squats are gods gift to man! I mainly plan on lifting for aesthetics, but I figured I would go with starting strength for at least the foundation.

I'd like to get in on the mix. I've been loosing over the last 2 years. I've gone from 217 to 158 as of this morning. My goal weight was 160. Now I just want to loose some belly fat and bring out some definition. I mostly cycle ( Bmx and road bike) and watch what I eat.

Anyone got any tips on losing some belly fat?

If anyone is looking for a badass free app that has almost all restaurants nutritional values , loseit.com is an awesome free app.

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

I'd like to get in on the mix. I've been loosing over the last 2 years. I've gone from 217 to 158 as of this morning. My goal weight was 160. Now I just want to loose some belly fat and bring out some definition. I mostly cycle ( Bmx and road bike) and watch what I eat.

Anyone got any tips on losing some belly fat?

If anyone is looking for a badass free app that has almost all restaurants nutritional values , loseit.com is an awesome free app.

You can easily lose lbm with dieting and still have fat after losing weight.

If your losing vascularity while your losing lbm and muscle as well.

Get your macros correct and the general population doesn't take in enough protein....hence losing weight but still have fat.

I'm 5'6" and have came down considerably in size as far as pants and shirts and gear. I just want to loose a little bit of my belly fat and ill be good to go. It's been a long road, but I was out of hand buying new clothes all the time because I was gaining so much nothing fit right.

I'm 5'6" and have came down considerably in size as far as pants and shirts and gear. I just want to loose a little bit of my belly fat and ill be good to go. It's been a long road, but I was out of hand buying new clothes all the time because I was gaining so much nothing fit right.

You've definitely lost quite a bit man, lookin good, no homo. Target the stomach and love handles with mid section exercise to isolate more on the problem areas. What you've done so far is working though

Awe your lookin purtty too ! I'm down from at 36-38 pant to a 30. Thanks for the kind words. No homo.

Thanx broseph, its a slow process for me this year but I'm down about 20lbs since March. Finding time to blow the dust off my mtn bike is tough right now, and the only rmotorcycle riding time Jen and I are getting is mainly commuting the scenic routes home from work :(

2 bands practicing/playing out/writing material is hogging up free time this year, and with the weather breaking I'm squeezing in yardwork and some remodeling when I can too. Sucks being so busy sometimes but I'm glad to have fun hobbies to keep me out of trouble, and they cure boredom ( if ever I can find the time to get bored :D).

I'm about a 42 pant from 46 over the winter, but I surely miss my 36's. I'll get there again, just staying focused on my ultimate goal and taking it day by day. I really stepped up my efforts at work to help shed pounds ( which my boss loves ) since I can't always make time to workout after work.....it is helping, but more like baby steps compared to a more devout exercise program. I just try to stay the course with my dieting, thats the hardest part for me.

Not so much a prerequisite but it allows for easier movement and also helps with the illusion your gliding. I will also shuffle in jeans and shorts the pants are also super comfy. Look up Melbourne shuffle or hardstyle shuffle to see what exactly it is I do.

I was just bustin yer chops, I figured it was related to the moves. Kudos on the weightloss so far man, you trimmed down quite a bit when we chatted at the LYT m&g last month. Btw, are you bunking with us at the cabin for the Epic Ride? Paul figured you were but we never heard from you about yay/nay. You and Alan can share a bed if you're horny enough ;), otherwise one of you fellas would need to crash on the couch

Wednesday update. down 3 more pounds for a total of 11 so far.

I played golf a few night this week and didnt work out on those days. still exercise just not as intense. I think starting Friday Im going to do a juice/ protein shake fast. Aiming for 5 days may go a week depending how I feel. that will bring me to a month, when I mentioned I would post updated pictures.

Its amazing how keeping this thread updater with my progress has motivated me. Thanks every one for putting up with this. haha

hope everyone is doing awesome as well

Wednesday update. down 3 more pounds for a total of 11 so far.

I played golf a few night this week and didnt work out on those days. still exercise just not as intense. I think starting Friday Im going to do a juice/ protein shake fast. Aiming for 5 days may go a week depending how I feel. that will bring me to a month, when I mentioned I would post updated pictures.

Its amazing how keeping this thread updater with my progress has motivated me. Thanks every one for putting up with this. haha

hope everyone is doing awesome as well

Shady if you don't mind me asking what brand of protein are you going with? Also what type of protein as well? Are you taking creatine and are you using a pre-workout drink.

Also I plan on starting my 30 day diet on 05/06/13. Looking for a workout partner to help with spots and I have a plan written down. Thinking about going to the urban active at Polaris if anyone is interested.

My right planteris muscle has healed up finally. Trainer tormented me on Monday with a leg session and needless to say Tuesday's cardio session in the morning was a little challenging.

Felt like I hit a wall yesterday doing cardio, but today was a much better day and did 7 miles in 50 minutes on the elliptical.

Going to take this Saturday off as I have a 5K on Sunday with mini me.

Shady if you don't mind me asking what brand of protein are you going with? Also what type of protein as well? Are you taking creatine and are you using a pre-workout drink.

Also I plan on starting my 30 day diet on 05/06/13. Looking for a workout partner to help with spots and I have a plan written down. Thinking about going to the urban active at Polaris if anyone is interested.

I bought this as it has the most protein per scoop. It recommends 3 scoops after workout and I use 1.5 30 Grams is plenty for what im doing.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3509954

I bought this as it has the most protein per scoop. It recommends 3 scoops after workout and I use 1.5 30 Grams is plenty for what im doing.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3509954

3 scoops, 60 grams of protein? The basic Body Fortress whey protein has 26g of protein per scoop. So, 2 scoops is 52 grams. 3 scoops would be 78 grams. Then again, for 78g i think you're looking at 420 calories. Just what i've found, have used before.

Keep up the good work! :cheers:

Edited by NightRider