Rebuild

GuardRail-Mike

Negative.... gotta go to the epic group ride! if I have my bike rideable... Would you not go for a year?

Like I said, not being an Ahole, but sounds like you need to focus on rebuilding, and then some general street time, away from Hocking, first. Then try again. No need to push yourself too hard just to make some group ride.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Negative.... gotta go to the epic group ride! if I have my bike rideable... Would you not go for a year?

Yeah I would not go for a year and more then likely you wont have the money to cover this before the epic ride. Unless your some baller and you never told me lol. Your pretty much riding blind twisties and even if you were going slow. If you had more expierence you would of been fine. But hopefully its a cheap fix and you can always go naked with no fairings lol. Be the special r6 in the group for a while.

Yeah I would not go for a year and more then likely you wont have the money to cover this before the epic ride. Unless your some baller and you never told me lol. Your pretty much riding blind twisties and even if you were going slow. If you had more expierence you would of been fine. But hopefully its a cheap fix and you can always go naked with no fairings lol. Be the special r6 in the group for a while.

I'm always the special R6. Ill admit more experience would would probably have kept me from crashing but I should never have put myself in that situation. I lost focus and then lack of experience didn't do the right thing to correct the issue. Oh well I guess it happens to everyone now and then.

Hope you weren't trying to keep up with the other riders either, alway ride your own ride and the group will wait.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Nope lol was going fairly slow

Yea if I luck out on forks it hopefully wont be to bad... and insurance isn't really an option unless the bike it totaled from frame damage

I'm not sure what you mean by lucky but they definitely look bent, looking at the picture posted in the hocking ride thread (unless the camera has a fisheye lens, then I'm not so certain). Here for reference. In reference to the frame, it really depends on how deep you want to look. It won't be noticeable on a ride, but if the crash was bad enough to bend the front rim and the forks like that then I am willing to bet it is a little bent.

He has to be a baller; 21 year old with a brand new $11k motorcycle, insurance out the ass, and not even flinching at an estimated $3k repair bill.

Honestly, how he described it in the op, I thought it would be a lot worse and $3k would be very conservative. Looking at the picture, the small things that cost a lot (gauge cluster, upper, headlamp, radiator, etc) seem to be in good condition. If IP wants to be really thorough, they might recommend new upper/lower triple with bearings, maybe clip-ons if they don't fit and got bent (toss up looking at one picture), straightened/new forks, new front wheel, and finally the plastics. Hell, I even see a mirror still in tact! But all of this is pure speculation, I was bored and wanted to analyze what it would take to get it back on the road; its a habit now, I'm afraid.

I'm not sure what you mean by lucky but they definitely look bent, looking at the picture posted in the hocking ride thread (unless the camera has a fisheye lens, then I'm not so certain). Here for reference. In reference to the frame, it really depends on how deep you want to look. It won't be noticeable on a ride, but if the crash was bad enough to bend the front rim and the forks like that then I am willing to bet it is a little bent.

He has to be a baller; 21 year old with a brand new $11k motorcycle, insurance out the ass, and not even flinching at an estimated $3k repair bill.

Honestly, how he described it in the op, I thought it would be a lot worse and $3k would be very conservative. Looking at the picture, the small things that cost a lot (gauge cluster, upper, headlamp, radiator, etc) seem to be in good condition. If IP wants to be really thorough, they might recommend new upper/lower triple with bearings, maybe clip-ons if they don't fit and got bent (toss up looking at one picture), straightened/new forks, new front wheel, and finally the plastics. Hell, I even see a mirror still in tact! But all of this is pure speculation, I was bored and wanted to analyze what it would take to get it back on the road; its a habit now, I'm afraid.

Yeah some baller. That r6 was beautiful and brand new lol. I bought a brand new 250 when I was 21 so I will cut him some slack but damn I should of talked him into some shitter r6 lol. like an 03 r6. He could buy like 4 of those bad boys for the price of that new one lol.

Honestly I don't think its bad. what I see from the picture I would say front rim can be fixed a couple companies that do a great job. Or get one of flea bay for 100-150 since its the same rim for many years. Those forks I will bet money are bent and I'm sure the bottom triple is also. Plastic I bet you can get a complete set of OEM plastic for cheap from someone thats racing the bike. Example I sold my plastic lights etc for 1k from a bike that had 300 miles on it. Do your homework and I'm sure you can get that bike back together for less than 3k and with upgrade. IMO and yes I have done it. Do the work yourself ...you might learn something and have fun doing it

If I was a Baller I wouldn't care about the repair bill lol but I've actually lost sleep over it. I'm just trying to stay positive and by lucky I was hoping the forks could be straightened/repaired vs buying two new forks :( If it ends up being crazy high and it takes me a whole season to get it fixed I will be depressed and hate the world lol

Honestly I don't think its bad. what I see from the picture I would say front rim can be fixed a couple companies that do a great job. Or get one of flea bay for 100-150 since its the same rim for many years. Those forks I will bet money are bent and I'm sure the bottom triple is also. Plastic I bet you can get a complete set of OEM plastic for cheap from someone thats racing the bike. Example I sold my plastic lights etc for 1k from a bike that had 300 miles on it. Do your homework and I'm sure you can get that bike back together for less than 3k and with upgrade. IMO and yes I have done it. Do the work yourself ...you might learn something and have fun doing it

Bought the rim just this morning managed to snag one for 200 bucks which is a lot better then 400 to 500. Can anyone recommend a company that straightens/repairs bent forks if they are not too bent ?

Edited by Mike_N92

For factory parts you can save a considerable amount at:

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche

Takes them about 10 days to ship to you. They order from the factory...parts come to them and then they reship. But other than that they have been 100 percent reliable, been using them for years.

I would say front rim can be fixed a couple companies that do a great job.

Can you point me in the right direction of one of these companies? I have a spare rim that has a slight lip bend, still holds air. Looking to see if I can get it fixed and keep it for a set of rims to mount rain tires on.

MPH Ohio strightens forks and frames, can't comment on the business itself though.

Good point on MPH. I will say my neighbor just got his bike back from them and they did an outstanding job. Frame, some parts and full paint. It looks perfect.

Yea i just got off the phone with someone and he was very helpful and knowledgeable. May have to tote the bike there after i get it back from iron pony. :/ Sucks its 2 1/2 hours away :(

Let the adventure begin. I will come watch with popcorn in hand.

Can you point me in the right direction of one of these companies? I have a spare rim that has a slight lip bend, still holds air. Looking to see if I can get it fixed and keep it for a set of rims to mount rain tires on.

I have used wills rim repair in the past with great results runout was better than one of my stock wheels and I could barely tell where they repaired it from the outside.

http://willsrimrepair.com

I have used wills rim repair in the past with great results runout was better than one of my stock wheels and I could barely tell where they repaired it from the outside.

http://willsrimrepair.com

Mike you sould call them to see how much it will be to repair the rim.

Bought the rim just this morning managed to snag one for 200 bucks which is a lot better then 400 to 500. Can anyone recommend a company that straightens/repairs bent forks if they are not too bent ?

Mikey,

Good catch on the rim, bargain! I sent a pm to a buddy of mine to see if he may know of a place for straighting and repairs. Once he get's back to me, I'll let you know.

$65 to repair, +$15 if they have to weld it. But didn't he say he bought one already?

I called them and they said depending on how bad it is they can get it nearly perfect but it may need refinished and after that plus shipping it to SC it only saving me like 50 bucks so its no biggie ill just stick with the one I bought