Mid-O

Hutch

That was me you were working to pass off the keyhole and out braked me on the back straight. Nice riding and throttle control. It helped me pick a few things I have to work on. You are fast.

Thanks man, I still felt like a slow turd trying to get used to the bike and suspension.. I remember talking to you earlier last season during one of the days -- you are looking alot smoother out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone going this weekend? Right now I'm planning on running on Saturday the 22nd, but mayyyybe Friday the 21st too. Would anyone be willing to take a look at my suspension settings? I'll be on a white/black R6 sitting by a red Tundra...

four of us from Cleveland area will be down on Friday. Rslocum (Rob), texasmassacre (Mark), and my son (Zack).  Black tandem axle trailer, GMC crew cab diesel. I'll be breaking in the "new" bike, hopefully much lighter on the 'breaking' this go around!

lol.

Well I wrecked on Saturday. First motorcycle wreck ever! Stooooopid mistake. I ended up running in the fastest group in Novice with a coworker who used to do a lot of track days about 10 years ago. The pace was by far the fastest I've ever ridden and at first it was a bit beyond my skill level but I got comfortable with it after the first session or two and was having a blast by lunch time. From the pictures it looks like my body position is much better and I really improved my lines through some of my problem corners. First time I was able to get my knees down in every corner (except through the first part of the chicane)!

The session after lunch is where it all went wrong. We were doing the "leap frog" excercise when we got all out of order due to some older first timers putting around the track and a thunderstorm was just about to hit us. I was distracted and kinda blew T9, then went wide going into T10. Clipped the grass, then target fixated horribly and went right across the track and into the gravel pit. I thought I almost saved it, but the bike dug into the gravel too much and down I went. I think I went over the bars. My helmet is a bit scuffed up, I have a small tear in my suit, and my right hip is bruised, but other than that it wasn't bad. The easiest corner on the track and I managed to dick it up lol. It was still my best track day ever...

Debating what to do with my bike though, it needs about $300 in parts to fix it if I just get the whole front cowl assembly off ebay. I really want a track bike and a street bike though. Should I fix the R6 (2004, 18k miles), sell it for around $3500-4000 maybe, then buy an already built track bike or just buy some race fairings and call it a day?

Well I wrecked on Saturday. First motorcycle wreck ever! Stooooopid mistake. I ended up running in the fastest group in Novice with a coworker who used to do a lot of track days about 10 years ago. The pace was by far the fastest I've ever ridden and at first it was a bit beyond my skill level but I got comfortable with it after the first session or two and was having a blast by lunch time. From the pictures it looks like my body position is much better and I really improved my lines through some of my problem corners. First time I was able to get my knees down in every corner (except through the first part of the chicane)!

The session after lunch is where it all went wrong. We were doing the "leap frog" excercise when we got all out of order due to some older first timers putting around the track and a thunderstorm was just about to hit us. I was distracted and kinda blew T9, then went wide going into T10. Clipped the grass, then target fixated horribly and went right across the track and into the gravel pit. I thought I almost saved it, but the bike dug into the gravel too much and down I went. I think I went over the bars. My helmet is a bit scuffed up, I have a small tear in my suit, and my right hip is bruised, but other than that it wasn't bad. The easiest corner on the track and I managed to dick it up lol. It was still my best track day ever...

Debating what to do with my bike though, it needs about $300 in parts to fix it if I just get the whole front cowl assembly off ebay. I really want a track bike and a street bike though. Should I fix the R6 (2004, 18k miles), sell it for around $3500-4000 maybe, then buy an already built track bike or just buy some race fairings and call it a day?

Going down at the track (or anywhere really) always sucks, the good of it was you weren't really hurt. I binned my CBR at M-O a couple years back and it was the perfect excuse to turn it into a track bike. Just sayin'. ;)

sorry to hear about your wreck.  Glad your ok.

I've got an 03-05 fairing stay in the box for cheap if you interested.