TX FZ1 Fly 'n Buy

ScubaCinci

• 2 weeks later...

just an update, the guy dropped his price to 3200, and somebody in NJ bought it. why didn't i follow the thread?!!!11!?!

if any of you FZ1-ers knows a maroon fz1 owner in Tremont, OH (neighborhood just west of downtown cleveland), please get him to 1. drop his price a few hundred and 2. make some time to let me look at his bike so i can give him a wad of moneys

kinda want, but dont have the time to fly out there and ride it back, and shipping it back here makes it not as good a deal. too bad.

If you buy it, I could probably find the time to fly down and ride it back for you, just sayin'.

Smokin deal!!!!!!

just an update, the guy dropped his price to 3200, and somebody in NJ bought it. why didn't i follow the thread?!!!11!?!

if any of you FZ1-ers knows a maroon fz1 owner in Tremont, OH (neighborhood just west of downtown cleveland), please get him to 1. drop his price a few hundred and 2. make some time to let me look at his bike so i can give him a wad of moneys

Saw that on Craig's. The price isn't too far off if he has proof the valves were adjusted. I think the valve interval is 26k-ish on those. If not, the price needs to come down a bit.

Saw that on Craig's. The price isn't too far off if he has proof the valves were adjusted. I think the valve interval is 26k-ish on those. If not, the price needs to come down a bit.

i asked him, valves aren't done. we were scheduled to meet fri before i went down to cbus, but he said the front brakes were sticking when he took it out of storage and he decided to cancel so he could get it checked. sounds like a good seller, trying to take care of issues before we meet so i'm waiting semi patiently.

i kinda just want to see if in person to see if i'm even interested or not... too often on CL do people say the bike is in perfect shape, never down, etc etc and then when i see it, it looks like crap. i don't think that's the case with this bike, but i want to see it so i can make him a realistic offer. i wanted to be around $3500 for that bike since it needs valves, but i need to see the darn thing first.

According to the thread here, the deal fell through

oh shitsnacks

dammit, guess i need to sign up on that site and get some transportation quotes. he'll probably be a bit leary about selling to a out of state guy who's been on the site for all of 25 minutes...

registered on the site, and sending him a PM now. hope i can work something out with him. just need to see some pics, get maintenance history and see what happens. thanks scuba, i'll do some name dropping

link for FS thread is here:

http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127105

i'm jbot on there. already sent a PM, next going to try posting on there. dunno if they have any rules against posting in the classifieds in a certain time period/post count. who knows, he might just be taking it to the dealer to get the money.

thanks for the moral support regardless of what happens. it warms my sad dead little heart

haha thanks buddy!

he actually only PM'd me to say that sale is pending. wah wahhhh

You should be buying the new 2013 Street Triple R anyway...then offering it to me to ride for the day so I can decide if I'll be buying one.

Being a cheap bastard and want to keep it under 4k. Trying to ease into this "comfortable bike" thing. Not sure I'm gonna like it just yet. I do appreciate the kind attention. Looks like the Texas one is a goner, holding out hope for the one in tremont.

Having had a few sport bikes, an FZ1 and now a Z1000, the more upright (i.e. comfortable) liter bikes are the way to go IMO. on Full fairing bikes I got so sick of trying to clean all the plastic and having to remove them to change the oil etc and having the clips or nuts fall into the bike. :nono: Plus I can ride for hours without pain in the back, shoulders and hands.

It took me all of 15 minutes to change the oil in my Z and most of that time was waiting for all the oil to drain. I wish the "naked" bikes would catch on more here in the states.

I haven't ridden the second gen FZ1 but would like to :D