TX FZ1 Fly 'n Buy

ScubaCinci

the one in texas is officially sold. dammit!

buuuuut, i did make an offer to the guy in tremont and we've come to an agreement. now i just need to see the thing to finalize. he took it to a dealer to check out a sticky front brake when he took it out of storage (not sure what that is... i've had a lot of bikes and none of them had that) so I still haven't seen it. sigh.

on the other hand, i did ride the 998 around weds, and that was fun.

he took it to a dealer to check out a sticky front brake when he took it out of storage (not sure what that is... i've had a lot of bikes and none of them had that)

Had a CBR900RR do that one year. Piston in the master cylinder was bad. A rebuild kit was pretty cheap and fixed it right up.

welp, i went and picked it up today. i posted pics in the deals gap thread, i'm not the whorin type, so i won't be annoying and re-post here.

the "brake" issue turned out to be a wheel mounted backwards. silly mistake, and the bike is in fantastic condition. i'm glad i waited patiently. it has all the nice things i would've done to the bike (sargeant seat, extra ugly windscreen, sporty touring tires and others) and rides great. sooooooooo comfortable coming from having a 998s as the only street bike for a while.

just a hair under 30K miles on the clock, picked up for 3700.

it will need valves done sooner rather than later i think. i'm gonna keep my ears open and run crying to pauly if/when it makes noises.